Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call that my progesterone came back at 10 (I was 7 weeks when the levels were checked) which they considered low. They want me to start suppositories. My midwife suggested a wild yam tincture but seemed much more reassuring and told me it wasn't a cause for immediate concern.

I'm pretty worried. My first pregnancy ended in M/C and low progesterone was my only symptom...I went on the suppositories then and that caused my body to sustain a non viable pregnancy for weeks and weeks. It was a miserable experience.

I have seen the heart beat and the only other complication that I know of is a small subchorionic bleed which was also downplayed to me. I've had no spotting, some mild cramping and stretching and I'm extremely nauseous with other symptoms. I'm 8 weeks now.

Has anyone experienced this with a good outcome? Any ideas or advice about the treatment options?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yes, I have taken progesterone with three pgs. The first one was an IVF pg and I had to take it, then other two were due to a miscarriage after low levels. I took injections as I hate the suppositories. Both babies came out with no problems at all, and the progesterone helped sustain the viable pregnancies. I know it had to be terrible to sustain a non viable pg, but a viable one, it helps.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I used the suppositories with my second- he was concieved on clomid and I had some bleeding with him at 6 weeks which according to the u/s was his sack seperating from the uterine wall a little. The suppositories were gross, but seemed to work- I had a healthy 9 lb baby boy a few days after my due date. I switched from the OB to a midwife right after going on the progesterone, and I think she would not have put me on it, but I really think my body needed the help.

Strangely I didn't need progesterone with my first pregnancy or my current one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.