Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started charting again. I think this cycle is over. It's my first after a m/c in sept. It has been with me for 2 weeks but very light and spotty.
So all my temps are in 96 is that low or could be normal. It is waking temp.
I did just get over a UTI infection and m/c and period.It's been a long month!!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
i also have low temps in the 96's and i had a loss in july......

i never temped before so i have nothing to compair it to....but i have always been cold in general

·
Registered
653 Posts
My baseline waking temp is 96.7 as I've always been on the cool side.
My baseline moving around temp is 97.7.
I have to be running to get up to 98.6.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Hi. My temps used to be that low and have raised a little with TCM and acupuncture. You may know this, but low temps can be a sign of being hypothyroid. You might want to get a blood test for T4, T3, thyroxine, and thyroid antibodies just to check. (You can search for hypothyroid on the boards for more info.) I got tested and ended up having normal results. So sometimes temps can just be low. Good luck to you!

Oh, and I think low post-O temps can be a sign of low progesterone, which I do have. I started taking supplemental progesterone and they have raised a bit. I was surprised that it was a symptom of low progesterone given that my luteul phase was a normal length.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I had my thyroid checked out last month and it was all normal.

About the low post-O temps.
Does that mean if they are equalish to your pre-O temps? Or just lower then normal in general?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.