Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always ovulate around CD13. This cycle was the first that I used clomid, which made me ovulate on CD15. I also always have 28 day cycles, which makes my LP around 15 days in length. I am currently on CD26, which means that AF would normally come in about 2 days, but that would shorten my LP to 13 days.

Can I expect this cycle to go longer, or will AF be expected on cue? Should she come in two days or should I be looking for her in more like five.....?

I really hope she just stays away for a good long time.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Your LP should stay the same, so you would expect your AF to arrive 2 days later than normal.

HOWEVER, as to your O date.... I think it could have easily been anytime betwee day 13 and 15, meaning you would be 10-12 dpo today, so...have you tested? C'mon test. 10-12 dpo you could easily have a +++.

(I am a complete poas-enabler)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post
Your LP should stay the same, so you would expect your AF to arrive 2 days later than normal.

HOWEVER, as to your O date.... I think it could have easily been anytime betwee day 13 and 15, meaning you would be 10-12 dpo today, so...have you tested? C'mon test. 10-12 dpo you could easily have a +++.

(I am a complete poas-enabler)
I am pretty sure that I ovulated on CD15 because I used an HCG trigger. I feel fairly confident that I am currently 11DPO. I cannot POAS b/c the HCG trigger may still show up as a BFP. I don't want to POAS b/c I do not want to get my hopes up if the result is +, only to later realize that the HCG from the trigger is what registered and I am really not pregnant.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I would think that Clomid could lengthen your luteal phase. I was on Clomid for a luteal phase defect, so the point was to increase my LP and progesterone. Apparently it did it's job.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
My HCG trigger shot was ALWAYS out of my system by 6-7 dpo. So I would say you are 100% safe to test now.

That's my experience with it at least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.