Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've tried the LTK board for help...but can't seem to get into the right forum? maybe I'm a dingbat who knows. but I'm posting here because maybe someone in addition T can help.

I'm making my hubby a raglan in the round. I was wavering on Large vs. medium. Decided to try medium because it was smaller and he's small in the chest. As I'm knitting up the sleeves they seem kinda long and narrow to me. Anyone else have that issue? I'm not so committed to medium I wouldn't rip out the 1/2 sleeve I have done, but before I did that I figured I'd ask. I did a gauge and sized up my needle size to 11. Maybe I should just make the darn large and it it's too big keep it for myself?

My hubby would likely wear the sweater over a trim fitting t shirt. I'm making it out of cascade ecological (yum) I'd wear it over a long sleeved shirt, but he might be too hot and just do a short sleeved shirt.

Any input, even that extrapolated from baby sizes welcome. thanks in advance!

· Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did measure. maybe I'll measure on the sleeve and see if it makes a difference knitting in the round vs. alternating knitting and purling for the swatch.

i'm reasonably sure it's bulky weight. it feels pretty darn hefty and when I bought it it was in the "bulky" section:

http://www.onefineyarn.com/Merchant2...de=CAS_ECOWOOL

· Registered
7,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
in the round gauge is completely different than straight gauge, becuase in round there's no purl

so am i supposed to be doing my gauge in the round then? how would you recommend measuring that? 13 stitches/16 rows....should i cast on like 25 stitches and join, knitting in the round?

My typical pattern is to jump right in, make something (usually sewing) and then figure out it does/does not fit. I'm trying to force myself to measure more so I don't waste my time (like I have on slippers and whatnot in the past).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.