Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lurker here.

I had a dream that I had a lump in my breast. I thought it might be a good idea to do a thorough check and I found a small lump. The gyn said it felt like an enlarged duct. I have not breastfed in almost a year. I go for a mammogram in about two weeks. I am very nervous. I've looked up duct lumps on the internet and none of the benign conditions seem to fit. I know of two people who died ten years after a doctor told them it was just an elarged duct.

Have any of you been through this or no anyone who has?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm really starting to freak out. I keep reading stuff on the internet about breast cancer and it's making me nuts. I read that most cancers come from the ducts. That's where my lump is. I'm driving myself crazy!

·
Registered
9,322 Posts
I had a lump close to my armpit a long time ago that turned out to be a small infection in a lymph node. I was terrified for a couple days, but it ended up being a minor thing that went away with antibiotics.

Get it checked out ASAP, but try not to let yourself be consumed by fears of cancer. There are a lot of things can cause lumps and malignant tumors are just one cause.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My MIL had breast cancer 12 years ago. She kept her breasts, just did radio therapy after the surgery. Last year she found another lump. Well, they did biopsy right away and it was not cancerous. She is cancer-free for 12 years and feels great. Do not worry in advance. You do not have diagnosis yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts