Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought both instock and custom CPF and they are just AWESOME!!! They come so nicely packaged and are dyed to perfection! The communication is great and the quality of the work is top notch!!! I
my Luv Mimi CPF!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
i have a few awesome embellished prefolds from Corey at Luv Mimi. They are very well put together and I just love them! I am in line to get a custom dress from Luv Mimi soon and I'm sure it will be top notch as well. Two
for Luv Mimi

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Corey from Luv Mimi was such a pleasure to work with. She has such an eye for PF flair and fun!
Her ideas are original in execution and so sweet! I just love my PFs and PF dress set from her. Do I Luv Mimi? Yes, I do!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well, how do I start...

I got a monkey embelished PF from Luv Mimi and loved how cute it was. Therefore, I purchased a custom order on 7/19/05.

I waited patiently and emailed Corey for an update after a month had gone by. She told me she had to finish other customs first. Another month went by, I emailed her for another update. She said her grandma was ill. No problem, I totally understand WAHM's have to take care of their families first. 2 weeks later, I sent another email. This time, Corey told me that she messed up and had to wait for the blanks to arrive. Then, another month went by, no email update or any communication from Corey. Finally, I emailed her again (and again after 1 week, just to make sure she got the email)...no response at all. It's been more than 3 months
All my emails to her were nice and polite, but it got me nowhere. Meanwhile, she was posting new items at Lily Pad Landing up until a month ago.

I also heard from an MDC mama that Corey told her that her back was hurt. But she didn't tell me that.

As a final resort, and as suggested by one of her customers that was waiting for her stuff, I gave her a call(it was listed in my Paypal transaction record), telling her that I prefer to have a refund at this point. She agreed to refund me the next day (10/29/05). Again, she didn't keep her promise
Moreover, no one answered the phone anymore.

In my not-so-short CDing career, I've always enjoyed working with WAHM's and prefer to give them my business. This whole experience just makes me sad and mad. My trust has been taken advantage of.

I'm not sure if Corey at Luv Mimi will ever open again. If yes, I hope no one will have to go through an experience like this.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Add me to the list of customers waiting. I bought a custom slot at Lily Pad Landing on 9/1. We discussed a large custom order and I paid her through Paypal on 9/7. It being a large custom order, I understood that it would probably take a couple of weeks to complete. We had a good rapport at this time and sent emails back and forth about my preferences. A few more weeks went by, on 9/25 I got an email stating that she was waiting on more blanks to arrive before she could finish my order and send it.

This made perfect sense to me so I continued to wait because I had the expectation that it would take some time to complete. On 10/1 we had another email discussion about an addition to my order and she again assured me that she could add it no problem, and it would ship out with the rest of my order when complete. Unfortunately, I gave birth to my son 6 weeks early on 10/8 and had to deal with him being in the NICU and then bringing him home, so my internet access was sporadic for a week or two. Still, I did not recieve any other contact from Corey or confirmation that my order had shipped, and I recieved nothing in the mail either.

I sent an email on 10/27 asking where we were with the status of my order, which has not been responded too. I started to hear about other customers waiting and being dissatisfied soon after, so I've decided to be very proactive about this.

On 11/7 I recieved an email from the ladies who run the congo she used to be a part of (Lily Pad Landing) saying they wanted to check up on my order from 9/1 through them. They wanted to know if I had heard from the WAHM or if my order had been completed.

I responded that day saying no, I hadn't recieved my order and communication had completely ceased. Their response was apologetic; they said Corey isn't even responding to their emails either, and that they've heard similar situations from other customers that purchased through Lily Pad Landing. They stated she is no longer welcome at the congo; they are filing with paypal as well for monies owed, and offered to refund me the $5 deposit for the custom slot.

So it sounds like this is a widespread problem. I agree with the pp, my trust was also taken advantage of. I gave her the benefit of the doubt about the length of time to complete my *prepaid* custom order, and now I'm completely out $104.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsaylou
i have a few awesome embellished prefolds from Corey at Luv Mimi. They are very well put together and I just love them! I am in line to get a custom dress from Luv Mimi soon and I'm sure it will be top notch as well. Two
for Luv Mimi

I will just quote myself and say that I never recieved my dress. I e-mailed Corey several times and she has not responded. I paid in September and told her no big rush, since she and I were friends. She told me she mailed it on October 24th. That was the last I heard from her. I've sent 3 emails since then with no word.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I won an auction from LuvMimi on WAHMChicks to benefit the Hurricane Katrina victims on September 8th & paid promptly. I exchanged a couple of emails with Corey & once I sent an email with my faric choices for the dresses (FIVE of them!) I never heard back. I am out $111 that I could really use right now & DD could really use the dresses.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Add me to the list too. I bought 2 dresses from Corey, when she stocked on Hyenacart, and they were beautiful and extremely well made. I loved them. Then, another mama offered to share her custom spot with me and Corey said not a problem. So I paid for 3 dress sets. After months, I finally recieved 2 of them and she promised that the 3rd dress would be shipped out in the next couple of days. I have never seen the 3rd dress and she no longer answers any e-mails. As much as I love the sets that I got from her I would never buy anything from Corey again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts