Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone?? lol. I am looking for the lady who offered me her milk...I think her name was Kerrie.
It would be kind of cool if other mamas from Lynwood/Bothell wanted to meet up too. I know my kids would love to go play
I heard there is a park with those water sprayer things (or maybe it was a wading pool, I'm not sure), they would LOVE that! So if anyone is interested in a meet up, let me know!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think her name was Kirie? I've seen that name here, I bet if you went back and browsed the form for the past few days you'll find somebody here who posted with that name.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I'm a Lynnwood Soon to Be Mama

Good Luck finding Kirie(?).

I know that Edmonds has a wading pool at their park, along with the little kid playequipment and a big kid play equipment.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Hey Cari,
Lynnwood has 2 parks w/ sprayers. The "dragon" park..which is on 44th st and down past Fred Meyer's and right after the library. It's real name is North Lynnwood Neighborhood Park. There are trails..playground, picnic tables, etc.

The other is Daleway, off 64th..behind Trader Joe's (kinda). It has sprayers and SHADE!! Plus a playground..and all that good stuff. It gets really crowded on hot days..like all parks here! But my kids love them both!

The wading pool at the city park in Edmonds is pretty small compared to Seattle standards (like greenlake and volunteer park) but the playground is great...w/ a "big kid" playground and also a toddler friendly one. Then there's always the beach...Marina is my favorite since they have the playground right on the beach
and you don't have to hike in to get to the water.

I'd love to meet sometime too! (oh I also bought some milk bags so I'll pm you when I have enough to give ya!
)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, thank you! You didnt have to buy any, I have a ton....maybe if I pick up some milk, I can give you some more bags to make up for it, lol. Like I said, I had an oversupply in the begining so my friend bought me a ton of boxes of bags for me to collect milk for her twins. I still have 4 boxes left
I'm going to talk to my midwives on Tuesday too and see if they have anyone who could donate (one of the midwives has an adopted baby and he is getting all donor milk).
I dont really care where we meet as long as it has water, lol. Where is Marina park? I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Ohh... I just wanted to let you know, that the Edmonds Marina Dog Park is right next to the Marina park (other side of the trestle thing). Not a whole lot of people know it is there. Just thought I'd let you know incase anyone is interested.

I didn't know Lynnwood had those fun sounding parks. Nice to know.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Lynnwood represent!

I know at least one other... I'll nudge her this way.

I'd be up for a north-end meet-up sometime soon. I'm going to be pretty busy in the next few months, but a free weekday shouldn't be too hard to come by.

There's lots of Everett and adjoining-area mamas here too, we should find a nice central location and make a new post about it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Another Bothell mama here, game for a meet-up and fairly flexible during the days.

I would vote for Daleway, as DD is too young for sunscreen--we would prefer to be able to retreat to the shade if the sun gets to be too much. Wednesday or Friday would be great for me, if there is any other interest . . .?

In case anyone is free on Saturday, there is a La Leche League Family Fun Day going on in Everett on the 5th to celebrate World Breastfeeding Week. The walk starts at 11, there is a silent auction which ends at 2, and there will be all kinds of fantastic goodies to bid on (and all the proceeds go to LLL), as well as grab-bags for the first 100 people and door prizes. There will be children's entertainment, too!

It is in Wiggums Hollow Park at 2808 10th Street in Everett.

If a group decides to go, perhaps we could come up with an "accessory" to signify MDC membership . . . tie a red ribbon onto our slings or something?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be there. I dont have any red ribbon though
. I know a lot of the people from a couple of the yahoo groups I am part of are going too. Maybe we could do ribbon in general? I doubt other groups will do the same....Or maybe have someone with the ribbon there, so that we can find them and then get the ribbon while we are there.
I would love to try Marina Park and maybe Daleway and Edmonds too...I am pretty much available whenever, though I am going to be starting fertility treatments soon and that will cut down on my availability. Oh, and we are NOT morning people!! Later morning is fine, just not early/mid morning.
Ok, I am going to go to Daleway on Friday, say 11. I think I want to go to Marina Park on Wed (the 2nd), again at around 11. Or I could do Edmonds that day, I dont really care

·
Registered
654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by little_monkeys
Ok, I am going to go to Daleway on Friday, say 11. I think I want to go to Marina Park on Wed (the 2nd), again at around 11. Or I could do Edmonds that day, I dont really care

I can make it to Daleway on Friday at 11. Sounds like fun! I'll be the blonde mama with the brown haired almost four year old and red haired babe (lucky dh, he got one in each color!).

Jill

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oops! Can I make it like 11:30 or noon? I forgot I have to meet this lady at Starbucks by my house to do this birth thing, she's doing this study and she wants to discuss my birth's. I am hoping it wont take more than 2 hours (I am meeting her at 10am). Its ok if people get there before me, I just cant call this off since I committed to it months ago. I have a super skinny dark blond boy, a chunkier dark blond girl, and the baby (who is still pretty much lacking in the hair area, lol)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, I live in edmonds! I keep wondering if there are .. hmm, whats the word... "alternative" (?) parents in the area. i mean, you know, wear a sling, extended breast feeding, and trying to really understand the kids' needs type of people.

I moved from w. seattle about a year and a half ago. and haven't gotten a chance to meet many locals.

we are usually fairly busy but I often have 2 or so afternoons where I have the kids fed and we could meet someone at a park. you know, phone and say "I am leaving now, can you come?"

I have a 3 &1/2 year old girl and an 11mo old boy.

usually the 3 can find friends on the playground... but I get bored and want someone to talk to.

anyone want me to call you?

love to you!
jennifer

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I will do my best to make it to Daleway on Friday. Looking forward to meeting some local mamas (and JillChristina, who was in my DDC!
).

I have long brown hair which is always braided, and a balding boob-monkey in a sling.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I can't meet this week...bummer!
(watching a mama's little ones)

Next Wed I'll be at Kelsey Creek Park- in Bellevue. Has trails, playground geared for younger children and Kelsey Creek Farm has traditional farm animals. Picnic tables are available too. Great Park! We are meeting our preschool there..but nobody EVER shows! It would be nice to have someone to meet w/ next week! If you've never been it's a fun park..the barn is neat..animals, gardens to walk through, a little creek (hence the name!) etc.

http://www.cityofbellevue.org/page.asp?view=2035

any takers for next wed?

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I'm happy to see that there are so many of you close to me. Sometimes I wonder, most everyone I see around seems pretty mainstream...
Hooray!

Not sure about getting to Daleway yet, but I'll let you all know.
I have videotape of me as a child playing at that park. Awwww...
'course the only thing that's the same now is the sprinkler portion.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I could totally make the Kelsey Creek Park on Wed, providing I have gas (which I should, my mom is getting money that I can steal, er, borrow
) I have always wanted to go there.

·
Registered
649 Posts
We live in North Seattle, close to Shoreline. We are getting ready to leave town for a couple of weeks, but after that we'd love to hook up......and Jennifer, seeing as you live close now, and we have the Whidbey connection :) we should definitely get our kids together. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer :) Michelle

p.s. my kids are 4 and 2

1 - 20 of 26 Posts