Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello knitters,

One of my LYS is going out of business. It is called Needleworks and is in Newington, CT. The short story is that the owner of the building sold it and the new landlord is jacking up the rent. Plus, after 20+ years, the owner want to retire to Maine. So, EVERYTHING in her store is 50% off. We are talking Addi Turbos, TONS of patterns, and all your favorite LYS yarns, Cascade, Crystal Palace, Noro, Araucania, etc. Unfortunately, this Saturday is her last day in business (I just found out about this and despite a cupboard full of yarn, have been there almost everyday). If you live anywhere within driving distance of Newington (NYC, Boston, etc) and need to supplement your stash, this is the time. Most of the needles are gone except for really tiny ones and really big ones, but there is tons of yarn and patterns. Anything that is not sold by this Saturday July 29th will be given to several knitting charities (how awesome is that!). So, if you have the time and money, please go there. Tell them Jackson's mom sent you. I am sure I will be there this weekend, so if you see a 2yo red-head with huge curls and big blue eyes, look for his momma and say hi!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
How sad she's closing.

I wish I lived in CT to enjoy the great discounts!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Would they take orders over the telephone and ship them?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doubtful about the phone orders and shipping. I don't think they did this before, and now they are kind of crazy wrapping everything up.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Darn! That's outside of the "if it's less than an hour and a half, I'm totally going to get in my car and drive" deal I made myself when I went to Mapquest it.
2h 50m... too far to drive.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Darn!
It's too far of a drive for me as well.

Desdamona...
LOVE your sig line of: outnumbered 5:1

I'm outnumbered 3:1, but I always say I have more than enough estrogen to outpower them all.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks Lori

It's just me and the cat and she was fixed a lOOOOONG time ago, so I am the only one producing estrogen around here. Plus most days she doesn't like me anyway.... so I am always 5:1 around here.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't suppose there's anyone on here from SE Conn. who would be interested in carpooling up there tomorrow or Friday. It'll cost me about $15 in gas if I go by myself, and it's a long drive with a toddler. OP- do you know the hours of the store?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I feel a little ashamed bumping my own post, but I want to make sure this stays on the front page until the store officially closes tomorrow, just in case anyone in cyber knitting land feels the need to splurge.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm in Connecticut! Do you have a link or directions????

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
www.needleworksonline.com

They are off of Route 175 in Newington.

Here is the address:
10 East Cedar Street
Newington, CT, 06111
860-665-0277

I went today and they still have lots of nice yarns. I bought Galway worsted wool for felting, Patons mercerized cotton, they have tons of Nature wool and Nature cotton in really nice colors, and I also got 1 skein of Noro Korochan as a special splurge for myself. Good luck and happy shopping!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.