Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The school hands out "Tomorrows Child, The magazine for Montessori Families" monthly in the friday folder. Is this the same one you are asking about? I guess the cost for the magazine was part of the tuition at my childs school.

The magazine itself is pretty good; lots of pictures and information describing the pictures - The pictures are of children doing an activity with a description of the activity - might give you an idea of what your child does in their class.

Some articles.

Advertising; related to Montessori.

Personally, I wouldnt *pay* for it (the price quote on the cover is 7.00). In fact I was wondering who would pay 7 bucks for it. I assumed [and think] all parents with enrolled kids should receive it *free*!

You should see if your school has some old issues laying around and peruse those ones.

edited to add: just checked your link and it is a different magazine!!! I guess Montessori is quite the business.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, it is another magazine and will have an online connection as well. We do not get Tomorrows Child in our folders, but as an AMS member we get (or should I say I will be getting) Montessori Life ( I think that is the one).
Not sure how these magazines will differ. I have not ordered any yet however.
This magazine is $49.95 per year for 6 issues and their folios (not sure what that is) and you get two online questions to the experts.
I am going to check to see if the school is going to order a subscription.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This magazine is part of a grand initiative by AMS to raise awareness of Montessori philosophy across the country. It coincides with the 100th anniversary of the first Montessori 'Casa' in San Lorenzo, Italy.
Schools are being invited to 'ride the coattails' as it were, banding together to pay for a huge blitz in advertising and media information. The M:Montessori magazine is an effort to get good quality, clear information out to families of Montessori students. If your school is handing out these subscriptions, it means they have joined the initiative. This SHOULD be good news, as they are more likely to be in step with the true Montessori philosophy. I haven't personally seen the magazine, though (I don't think it's out yet), so don't know what the articles or information will be like.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW that is great !

I did order a subscription online recently. Have not gotten the first issue yet? Probably will be out first of 2006, somewhere around there probably.
I am curious to see what it contains, versus Tomorrow's childs and Montessori Life, etc.

WOW the 100 Anniversary...........do you know the exact date ?? Hmmmmmmmm maybe I can get my school to do a big splash or something.........maybe and educational program for the school/parents etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Actually the anniversary is 2007, since the Casa was opened in San Lorenzo in 1907. I don't recall the exact date, but you might be interested in National Montessori Week, celebrated by Montessori schools at the end of Feb each year. The dates for the next two years are: February 26 - March 4, 2006, and February 25 - March 3, 2007
Our local library lets us put together a display, with some materials, pictures and books. It's fun, and a way to get a press release out and spread the 'good word'

That might be a good time for a big splash at your school...

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by healthymantra
Actually the anniversary is 2007, since the Casa was opened in San Lorenzo in 1907. I don't recall the exact date, but you might be interested in National Montessori Week, celebrated by Montessori schools at the end of Feb each year. The dates for the next two years are: February 26 - March 4, 2006, and February 25 - March 3, 2007
Our local library lets us put together a display, with some materials, pictures and books. It's fun, and a way to get a press release out and spread the 'good word'

That might be a good time for a big splash at your school...
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.