Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of or tried powdered maca root. I bought some the other day. It is supposed to help with energy and fertility. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it - positive or negative.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
We drank maca... liqur (sp?) in peru, and I *KNOW* I bought some of the dried/powdered stuff, but I don't think I ever got around to doing anything with it (and have no clue what happend to it), and have never seen it here in the US... where'd you find it??

The alcohol-maca was quite tasty as I recall, but then again that probably has no bearing what-so-ever on the quality/tastyness of the powderd stuff

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Haven't used it myself, though I want to (too expensive
: ) Anyway, my boss has, she is in the middle of menopause and it is the only thing that has helped her. Its an adaptogen, which is very helpful in mood management, relieving stress, creating energy.
On a more personal note, we (dh and I) had bought a meal replacement powder called Vega, mixed berry flavour. It has Chlorella and Maca in it. I didn't use very much, I think I had 1-2 drinks of it. My dh on the hand, had some every morning for a couple weeks, and well, I told him to stop because I just wasn't used to that much sex
Seriously, it was getting ridiculous! I blame the Maca

(I would recommend Vega otherwise, its a great product)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.