Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of this happening before but for th elife of me I can't remember the solution.<br><br>
I have a singer sewing machine and just finally got a craft table up in my living room and was preparing to do a bunch of sewing... But the machine is threaded correctly, bobbin too, but the thread from the bobbin is not being sewn into the clothing and as a result the needle will go through the fabric but nothing is being stitched.<br><br>
Anyone know a solution?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Last time I dealt with this it was that the needle had been put in backwards when someone changed it, that's usually the cause. Something as simple as that little groove on the needle being on the wrong side can make all the difference!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Before you start to actually sew, are you able to pull up the bobbin thread at all?<br><br>
*needle too fine, go up a needle size<br>
*very stretchy fabric/or thread, try something you have sewn before<br>
*needle not set properly, sometimes set too high or too low in the clamp or like the pp said, the neeedle may be backwards<br>
*machine not threaded correctly, rethread both top and bottom<br>
*linty machine, clean it<br>
*damage to the hook or timing off, either learn what needs to be done or take it in<br>
*this may sound silly, but make sure you have thread on the bobbin, I've done that before, woudn't sew at all!<br><br>
without fabric under the foot and the slide plate open, turn the machine by hand or sew really slow and see what happens?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ha. When I had this problem it was because I had accidentally bought interlock needles and the needle was too short to reach the bobbin. Duh.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Make sure the bobbin is threaded in the right direction, you can pull on the bobbin thread, and that the thread from the needle is pulled down through the foot. You can manually turn the machine one stitch without thread and see if it is catching the bobbing thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts