Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi Everyone, I knit a few wool soakers before I actually received my cloth diapers and now that I have the diapers, the soakers look just the right size.  I'm afraid if I felt, they'll get too small.  Do I have to felt the soaker in order to prevent leaking?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you!</p>

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
<p>They really do work better felted. The only time I was ok with an unfelted soaker was if I added another layer in the wet zone, then it was ok for daytime but not so great at night.</p>

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
<p>I never felted mine (intentionally, that is) and they worked great.   Felting creates a thicker, denser fabric, and it's not going to be nearly as comfy as a stretchy knit.  I think it's pretty uncommon to felt a knitted soaker, actually.  Most soaker patterns are written for the soaker to be used as is, not felted.  I used worsted weight wool.  Perhaps if you used a light weight wool you'd have different results.</p>

·
Registered
258 Posts
<p>I never felt mine, though they do end up a bit felted between the legs anyways.  They work just fine.</p>

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<p>Thank you!  I do have one felted and I agree, it's so much more stiff.  So, I'm glad to hear it's not always done!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
68 Posts
<p>Also agree- I never felt mine and they always are leak proof!!!! Good luck!!!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts