Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, some of you may know my problem lately- DD has grown and our covers that do fit have holes and we have no money. So yesterday I went to GoodWill and their wool sweaters were $4.99 each
I mean is this second hand or what? So I went to St. Vinnies and theirs were 50 cents!!!
So I got 4 sweaters and two vest type with out the buttons. So last night I went sew crazy and made Rainey 2 covers and 1 set of leggings. They are so cute on her and I am working on my pattern a bit because I do like the "V" cut it makes it easy- I dont love how it doesnt fit well around the legs and I want to not cut sleeves if I dont have too so I can get leggings out of those. So I think I am going to use my large diaper pattern and make a cover out of that! I will post that one when I get it done. DD is sleeping right now in my sewing/everything room and I dont want to wake her!

But here is a photo of a dipe I made a few days ago and a the butt sweaters!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angbirth/album?.dir=/60cf

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
VERY cute! So what is the difference between a butt sweater and a soaker?
I am inspired to sew some dipes now...I've yet to try that.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think there is a real differance- I think the soaker is knitted and the butt sweater is made from a sweater- but I could be wrong
:

·
Registered
563 Posts
those look great
do you have the pattern that you used? tia
heather

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayon
So, some of you may know my problem lately- DD has grown and our covers that do fit have holes and we have no money. So yesterday I went to GoodWill and their wool sweaters were $4.99 each
I mean is this second hand or what? So I went to St. Vinnies and theirs were 50 cents!!!
So I got 4 sweaters and two vest type with out the buttons. So last night I went sew crazy and made Rainey 2 covers and 1 set of leggings. They are so cute on her and I am working on my pattern a bit because I do like the "V" cut it makes it easy- I dont love how it doesnt fit well around the legs and I want to not cut sleeves if I dont have too so I can get leggings out of those. So I think I am going to use my large diaper pattern and make a cover out of that! I will post that one when I get it done. DD is sleeping right now in my sewing/everything room and I dont want to wake her!

But here is a photo of a dipe I made a few days ago and a the butt sweaters!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/angbirth/album?.dir=/60cf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.