Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used the product Mag 07 by Aerobic Life for chronic constipation? I read about it on a few different websites and it sounds like a great product, so I'm going to try it. However, it says to take on an empty stomach at bedtime, but my stomach is never empty when I go to bed! So I'm wondering if it'll still be as effective if I take it first thing in the morning with my lemon water. Any thoughts, opinions or experiences?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
The reason you want to take it on an empty stomach is because of it's laxative effect, you won't really digest any of the food in your stomach. If it is like other colon care magnesium products I've seen, it is oxygenated to help get rid of bacterial/yeast imbalances, so I wouldn't use it long term. You would also want to do other gut healing/rebalancing with lots of probiotics and also figure out what caused the dysbiosis in the first place.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your wisdom! I took it first thing this morning on an empty stomach with my probiotic and then went for a short run. Still haven't gone yet today, though.
I hope it doesn't work best when you rest/go to bed after taking it, seeing as I went running. Hopefully it's just the "empty stomach" part that's most important. As far as the reasoning for my issues.... It's all mental. I'm a stress-case (i.e. chronic anxiety). I've always taken digestive enzymes, probiotics, eaten tons of kimchi, kombuchas, beet kvass, etc., but still have terrible gut/digestive problems because of my emotional state. So yes, I'm working on that through therapy, prayer and yoga. I'm just hoping that the colonics I'm doing and this Mag07 will help my body to hang in there in the meantime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.