Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read an article that said a lack of magnesium will make you extrememly fatigued. And that a lack of it can cause jaw pain. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I have started excercising very recently and I am in a lot of jaw pain and so tired I could sleep 24/7. I started taking a liquid multi vitamin that tastes horrid BTW, and also the magnesium. I'm desperate, something is worng but I don't know what. Eating good and plenty of water. Please help.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Lack of iron could do that also. How much magnesuim and in what form (oxide, citrate ect) is it?<br><br>
Jen

·
Registered
105 Posts
natural calm magnesium is really great. my family and i use it. helps with sleep issues and tons of other things. google it.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
magnesium is responsible for the relaxation of muscles...not enough will lead to headaches, cramping, exhaustion and many other things. IT isn't the only thing that will though. However, since most people are deficient it's not a bad idea to take it. It's water soluble, and too much will result in diarrhea, so you don't need to worry about excess. You do, however need to balance it with calcium and potassium. It's a very delicate balance.<br><br>
What form is the mag you are taking? I recommend NaturalCalm-it's highly absorbable (therefore bioavailable) and quite tasty to boot!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
thiamine deficiency can induce magnesium deficiency. i started noticing a huge difference in magnesium retention once i started taking a stress B complex.<br><br>
also, if you are low on A, D, and K (those lovely fat soluble vitamins), you will have trouble retaining any bone-building minerals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts