Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a way to comfortably carry DS on my back (he is 8 months, 17.5 lbs). I am thinking about either a Bamberoo MT or an Ergo. I have trouble with my sacroiliac joint due to some pelvic instability and need to find something that won't aggravate it. Also, I don't much cushioning at 109lbs and almost 5'7". Which brand of carrier would you recommend and why?

· Registered
39 Posts
I also have sacroiliac joint instability as well as a bulging lumbar disc. I have used the ergo off and on to carry my 9 month old 23lb baby on my back when I'm feeling up to it, when he was smaller I also used it in the front carry position. I usually find it to be very comfortable and my back can actually feel better when I'm wearing him( I think its the belt around my waist helps my pelvis be more stable ). I don't have any experience with the bamberoo MT, but I can tell you that as a person with back pain/ sciatica, I'm very happy using the ergo. Hope this helps!

· Registered
3,140 Posts
I have never owned an ergo, but did get to try one when my dd was 18 months old. It is hands down, the easiest carrier on the back IMO. It really didn't feel like I was carrying her anymore. The only thing I didn't like is that my dd wanted to be able to look ahead--like over my shoulder, and the ergo has the baby down so low. . . maybe if i would have tried it earlier, we would have loved that aspect.

Amy

· Premium Member
1,606 Posts
It is possible to adjust an Ergo into a HighBack carry too.

I have 2 ergos at this point (2 different models) and have low back and pelvic stability issues. The Ergo is great in my oppinion. It is quite comfortable and balanced and does not add to my problems at all.

· Registered
58 Posts
I have no Ergo experience, but I adore my mei tai (I have a different brand though) and it is the most comfortable carrier own. I could wear my DS in it all day and never feel any weight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.