Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just don't know what to do about my dd anymore! she is 24 months old and last month she started sleeping on a mattress on the floor of her new room. Previously she was in the nursery in a crib. When she was in the crib she was willing to go to bed, slept all night (unless she was sick), and slept until I woke her in the morning. Now she fights going to bed like crazy, gets out of bed many times before falling asleep, and gets up early in the morning.<br><br>
Last night was the worst with her tantruming from 10:30 PM - 12:30 AM. Something was bothering her having to do with the doll she sleeps with. We tried to take the doll away but that made her more upset. She needs to have things the way she wants them and something about the way the doll was in the bed was bothering her (I think she has some sensitivity issues).<br><br>
Her normal bedtime is 7:30 PM and she is waking by 6 AM. That may sound like enough sleep but she was previously sleeping till 8 AM on weekdays and 10 AM on weekends! I have the no-cry sleep solution book and I'm going to try to incorporate some ideas, but there are so many issues that I don't know where to start. I am ready to put her back in the crib - I know that is not a good idea though! help!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well last night she slept all night and I woke her up at 7:45! I don't know what changed or if it will last. It could be that yesterday her one blanket was in the laundry and she wanted it??

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
Oh yes.<br><br>
Or teething.<br><br>
Or she could be getting a cold.<br><br>
Or she could have been overtired.<br><br>
I have a new favorite sleep book "Sleepless in America" by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka - she stresses, among other things, the importance of a consistent wake up time and time outside in the AM to set the body clock!<br><br>
Let's hope the trend continues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts