Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I make mine in an olive oil base,. I put dried herbs that I save from the garden in such as comfry, calendula, and plantain. Sometimes I put some lavender blossoms in there as well. I let the oil heat on the stove on VERY low heat. Never let it bubble. If your stove is too hot you can get the oil warm and turn it off... continuing this process a few times. In the summer I put the herbs and oil in a jar( all the wat to the very top) with a lid and leave it out in the sunshine for a week. To finish it off strain out the herbs... slightly warm the mixture and melt in some beeswax or cocoa butter. I dont use a recipe so I dont know the exact propotion to suggest. I add a few drops each of roman chammomile, lavander and tea tree essential oil and a couple of teaspoons of liquid vitamin E. Put it in clean dry jars to set up. I keep them for about half a year. You can easily make a bigger amount to give to all of your family or friends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.