Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have ideas? I want to make window coverings for our kitchen that fold/roll up mostly out of the way of the window, like Roman blinds. But I can't figure out how to make them child safe.<br><br>
Do you think I need to just get cordless cellular blinds and have a box pleat valance type of thing to cover the top?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I didn't worry about our roman blinds at the last house. We just made sure to fit the cleat to wind the cord around quite high up. Then we made sure to wind all the cord up, not just enough to keep the blind up.<br><br>
Also our were fastened with Velcro to a wooden bar over the window, so they would pull away if the kids did get hold of the cord.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
We did have to be a bit careful when using the blinds but for the most part they stayed put. I can't remember if we found extra strong velcro when I made them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
could also do cup hooks on the side of the frame and drapery loops on the sides of the shades instead of having any strings...

·
Registered
855 Posts
We have a hook with two prongs that we wind the cord tightly around each and every time we pull the blinds up. If that makes sense. Little kids can't reach it even when they climb a chair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts