Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Has anyone tried to make coconut yogurt?</p>
<p>We have been looking for some where we live and it seems like it isn't very easy to get in Canada. Although our local little organics grocer is going to order some in for us.</p>
<p>BUT, we did get some coconut milk and I was thinking of trying to make some. I found a couple of recipes online. It obviously needs a non-dairy starter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sooo, I was looking on-line and found a source for non-dairy yogurt starter. It seems that it is just probiotics.</p>
<p>Has anyone tried using non-dairy probiotics as a starter? We have the Udo's Choice Toddler blend and the adult blend.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, what are your tricks for keeping your yogurt at an even temp for 24 hours?</p>
<p>Does the trick of a 60watt bulb in the oven work? How about a slow cooker on low?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA</p>

·
Registered
374 Posts
<p>Wow, I didn't even know there is such a thing as coconut yogurt???? I am SO intrigued! Off to google it ... :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Wow, that looks so yummy. I was just thinking I wished I could give DS some yogurt but we are doing the vegan thing and I didn't know there is a dairy free option. I am SO happy! Crossing my fingers whole foods carries it!.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts