Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? I like Nutella and got a craving for it tonight. I have some raw hazelnuts in the freezer, raw cacoa powder, raw honey, and of course coconut oil. I figured I could try making it.

How long would you roast the hazelnuts. I am not going to soak them and make them TF, but I don't know anything about roasting them.

· Registered
2,702 Posts
I had to laugh, sometimes life is rather serendipitous. I was reading through the real food wednesday blog carnival, and saw "homemade nutella". gee, someone on MDC wanted homemade nutella today....
so here you go.
http://spaininiowa.blogspot.com/2009...e-nutella.html

· Registered
1,852 Posts
Rapunzel (the company that sells Rapadura sugar) makes an organic version. Not as healthy as you could make it at home - I think it has dry milk powder in it, but does use Rapadura sugar, palm oil, and all organic - plus it's expensive, but it is remarkably Nutella-like. Rather unfortunately delicious. I think I'll try making a homemade version, too, but I know I don't have an appliance that will grind hazelnuts smooth.

· Registered
1,215 Posts
:
:
:
: Oh man Nutella. . .

Best served on the corner in France wrapped in oouy gooey crepes. . .

Seriously what a great topic!!!!
:
:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.