Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking it's time for a nursing necklace for my ds2, he's just starting to get twiddly and distracted sometimes during nursing. I'd like to make my own, I think, but just trying to figure out what to make it from.<br><br>
I don't want plastic or acrylic beads. What about resin? I don't really know what it is to be honest. Safe or no? I suppose glass or wood could chip. What about semi-precious stones?<br><br>
How important is it to have a break-away clasp? Theorically the baby won't be playing with it independently or be chewing on it. But I know my ds1 liked to play with his and wear it sometimes once he was older.<br><br>
And what kind of cord? I've seen some from waxed cotton. Other good options?<br><br>
tia.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I bought a nursing necklace from Mommy and Me and I love it. Yes, you would want a break away clasp because your baby is stronger than you realize and one good tug and there goes your necklace if you don't have one. I don't think you'd want glass beads either. Here's a snippet from the Mommy and Me website. You'll have to check it out...she has a huge selection and will custom design one too.<br><br>
"All the Mommy Necklace™ beads are made of high-quality acrylics that are tested for both lead and phthalates. The necklaces are strung on an extra sturdy cording that is guaranteed from breakage and come secured with a break-away safety closure. Mommy Necklaces™ are the real deal and offer a “zero-to-three” guarantee which replaces, repairs, or cleans up any Mommy Necklace™ in need of some TLC for three years from purchase. A small investment with a big reward - function, style, safety, and three-year guarantee!"<br><br><a href="http://www.mommynecklaces.com/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.mommynecklaces.com/index.html</a>

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I think I'm still hoping to make my own, but if I can't find the parts, maybe I'll check them out...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts