Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought some popsicle holders today, and ds was all excited about making popsicles. We blended up some oj, plain yogurt, a dash of vanilla, and a few shakes of sugar (cuz it was pretty tart without it). But they never got super frozen solid. The sticks would just pull right out. We ended up getting a spoon and eating it out of the popsicle mold.

We did one with just plain oj, but that one was super frozen and hard like an ice cube. I hate popsicles that are really hard. Ds likes creamy or soft icy, I like soft icy.

So, what is the secret? What I am I missing? I need to make this poor kid some yummy popsicles tomorrow! (He specifically requested strawberry - any ideas?)

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mmmm, thanks for the ideas. I am going to try some of these.

And as an update, the yogurt ones did end up freezing (my bad, I guess we didn't wait long enough), but there was clear liquid (maybe the whey?) at the tip/bottom of the popsicle. Is there any way around that?

And this may be for advanced popsicle makers, but my ds keeps asking to make rainbow popsicles. I realize this is done by adding layers, but if you wait for one layer to freeze before adding the next, how to you keep the stick in? Do you wait for each layer to just solidfy a bit but not totally freeze, and then put the stick in at the very end? These are very serious problems that must be addressed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.