Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have two babies in the house- a 16 month old, and a 2 month old. I work out of the home about 20 hours a week while DH is home with the kids, the rest of the time, I work from home.<br><br>
Now, DH is a great dad, but he's very 'one thing at a time' and if I hear, "I couldn't grab a bite to eat, I had to hold Keagan," again, I will probably go completely insane- or at least, more completely than I already am.<br><br>
The problem here is that DH will not consider- or has not considered- using one of the carriers I have. In fact, until I had a complete breakdown last night- winding up in tears sitting on the kitchen floor while nursing the tiniest who DH couldn't do anything with because he had his hands full- he rolled his eyes. Well, I did show him pictures of the ergo, and he has agreed to use one! Now I just need to save up to get one after the holidays.<br><br>
Anyone have any other guy friendly carriers that would be a better suggestion?

·
Registered
54 Posts
How about a Freehand mei tai? I think they're cheaper than the ergo, and although one side is patterned, the other is a solid colour, and you can just reverse it. It's what i do.<br><br>
I don't know how it compares to the ergo in any way, though. I've never used the Ergo.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
My husband also really likes the ring sling, especially when ds was smaller.<br><br>
A note about dh using carriers - he's all for it but even now is not very comfortable getting ds into it on his own. He much prefers to have me double check it is all good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts