Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I decided that i want to use pocket diapers for my latest addition(coming soon). I've been procrastinating on this forever....<br><br>
I am making my diapers. I've the fabrics already from previous projects. ANd truthfully, I just can't afford to buy all those yummy diapers out there. It's hard enough to make it paycheck to pay check as it is.<br><br>
I am making them multisized, I like a trimmer fit. Now I'm seeing talk of pocket diapers. And I like the idea for 2 reasons... one they would dry faster. The CB I made take FOREVER to dry. I don't like that. And 2, if a diaper takes a long time to dry, then it'll be harder to wash cleaner.<br><br>
So my question is this... can I modify any pattern I use to be pocket diaper? Or do i need to do something special? Does the pocket need to be inside? Or can a liner be attached to the inside? With snaps or insert tabbies? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, any pattern can be made into a pocket diaper. I know a lot of people use the HoneyBoy pattern to make a pocket diaper. Also the poo pockets pattern can be made into a fitted (non-AIO) pocket diaper. I've been wanting to try to use the side-snapping poo pocket pattern to make a pocket diaper as well...it has gussets and the snap are on the side...nothing to dig into dd's little round tummy.<br><br>
You can make them AIO with fleece or PUL outers or as pocket fitteds so you can use any type of cover (though I always thought that stuffing and unstuffing a fitted seemed like a lot more work...don't know why).<br><br>
Pocket AIO's are WAY cheap to make too, especially if you're using Aplix.<br><br>
I'm sure you could make a liner type of pocket diaper where the microfleece attaches with snaps or velcro or something but I think that would be a lot more work than just sewing the 2 pieces of fabric together.<br><br>
If you go this route, check out janellespuls.com for all sort of colors of PUL as well as a few prints. You'll get about 3 smalls out of 1/2 yard..so way cheap.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts