Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I decided that i want to use pocket diapers for my latest addition(coming soon). I've been procrastinating on this forever....

I am making my diapers. I've the fabrics already from previous projects. ANd truthfully, I just can't afford to buy all those yummy diapers out there. It's hard enough to make it paycheck to pay check as it is.

I am making them multisized, I like a trimmer fit. Now I'm seeing talk of pocket diapers. And I like the idea for 2 reasons... one they would dry faster. The CB I made take FOREVER to dry. I don't like that. And 2, if a diaper takes a long time to dry, then it'll be harder to wash cleaner.

So my question is this... can I modify any pattern I use to be pocket diaper? Or do i need to do something special? Does the pocket need to be inside? Or can a liner be attached to the inside? With snaps or insert tabbies? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, any pattern can be made into a pocket diaper. I know a lot of people use the HoneyBoy pattern to make a pocket diaper. Also the poo pockets pattern can be made into a fitted (non-AIO) pocket diaper. I've been wanting to try to use the side-snapping poo pocket pattern to make a pocket diaper as well...it has gussets and the snap are on the side...nothing to dig into dd's little round tummy.

You can make them AIO with fleece or PUL outers or as pocket fitteds so you can use any type of cover (though I always thought that stuffing and unstuffing a fitted seemed like a lot more work...don't know why).

Pocket AIO's are WAY cheap to make too, especially if you're using Aplix.

I'm sure you could make a liner type of pocket diaper where the microfleece attaches with snaps or velcro or something but I think that would be a lot more work than just sewing the 2 pieces of fabric together.

If you go this route, check out janellespuls.com for all sort of colors of PUL as well as a few prints. You'll get about 3 smalls out of 1/2 yard..so way cheap.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.