Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD is now totally using the potty at home- no accidents in weeks! BUT, we've still been putting pull-ups on her when we are out. She doesn't like to use potty's other than ours at home (this extends to grandparents potties). We thought we would start using the waterproof trainers instead of pull-ups when we go out and we have, with some success. However, she finds it really hard to "let go" on other potties and prefers to be in a pull-up. I am due in three months and wondering what to do. Should I push her to be in waterproof undies when we are out, try to get her use the potty... Or should I just let her stay in pull-ups? I am sure I will be less interested in sorting this out in February with a new baby! And I am in store potties alot these days... She is 2 and 8 months.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
What if you got a little portable potty seat that sits on the other toilets - maybe bring her along to choose it (my dd chose a Dora one, lol). Perhaps having something familiar under her bum (lol) would make it a little easier for her.

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
I'd probably wait until three (just because that's when both of my kids stopped wearing diapers) and then say, "We're not buying any more pull-ups now, so when we go out you and I need to remember to get you to the potty so you don't have an accident."

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
My DD wouldn't use public toilets for awhile (and that didn't hurt me too much, they are gross!!!!) but what worked eventually was to avoid the plain white bathrooms and try places with 'pretty' bathrooms. so, when we walked in I would exclaim 'oh, what a pretty painting' or 'look at those pretty flowers' or whatever and she would feel more comfortable. the comfort in nicer bathrooms eventually transferred to the boring public ones, except the black toilet seats, she still won't go on those...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts