Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok pregnant friends i am looking for ideas of how to mke the nxt 2 weeks special, i would like ideas of

fun things to do to prepare for my daughters arrival

specail things to do to help myself rest

things to do to pamper myself and look after myself as i get ready for birth

ways to remember this last time of pregnancy as we are not planning any more babies after this

HELP!!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Aww, I'm really trying to relish every gentle arm and leg movement. If this is the last time I ever feel a baby move inside of me, I want to remember it. (of course this is the 3rd pregnancy that I thought would be my last!) Before I found out I was pregnant this time (unplanned) I had a dream and felt a full term baby moving inside of me. It was so sweet. I cried, because I thought, i'd never feel that again and i was beginning to forget what it felt like. It is SUCH a blessing to have a healthy term human being living inside of us. Let's really try to enjoy it as much as we can!

Fun things to do:
-I LOVE going to the local Hot Tub rental place. They'll turn the temp down for pregnant women.
And, the reduced gravity (would have put "zero gravity", but thought for sure Geofizz would correct me
) feels SO good!
-If you don't have a Hot Tub rental place, then just going swimming or floating would be great. It just feels SO nice!
-Dates with your partner. Perhaps even an overnight.
-Paid professionals: manicure, pedicure, hair cut, massage, chiropractor, acupuncture, etc.
-Weekly lunch or dinner or coffee date with a good friend w/o kids. Just make plans to meet every Tuesday (or whenever). It helps pass the weeks giving you something to look forward to other than just WAITING. You might meet two times, you might meet 4 times, you might meet 1 time before the baby comes, but you'll look forward to it! Pick a positive friend who loves you lots.

-Capture your pregnant state: belly cast, pictures, journal
-Write a letter to your unborn baby. You can either put it in their baby book or seal it in an envelope to give to them on a special birthday. She's your only daughter.

Alright... that's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I second all the things Claire suggested, and I'll add a few:

Take a lot of really luxurious baths - with amazing oils, bubble baths, candles lit, flower petals floating, relaxing music playing...the whole nine yards. I've been doing a lot of this - while reading encouraging, empowering books about birth.

Treat yourself to amazing food - the freshest, richest, etc.

Don't turn down any offers of help - if someone wants to watch your kids, bring you dinner, run some errands for you...let them!

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
-I LOVE going to the local Hot Tub rental place. They'll turn the temp down for pregnant women.
And, the reduced gravity (would have put "zero gravity", but thought for sure Geofizz would correct me
) feels SO good!\
:

Thanks for not falling into that trap, cuz I'm in midterm project grading mode...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.