Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I have been offered the job yet, but there is a good chance that I'll have the opportunity to go back to work full time after being home full time with my son for the last two years (since his birth). I'm also 6 months pregnant. I would prefer to continue to stay at home, but the reality is that we can't afford it much longer.<br><br>
So...I'm worried that my 2 year old will be totally traumatized to go from having me 24/7 to only a few hours a day. I know that some of these feelings are my own projections and fears that someone else will not do as good a job with him as me. How can I make this easier on us both? Would having a nanny come here be better than daycare? Or maybe being around a group of kids would be more interesting to him? I don't know. And then there is the new baby and all of the feelings that come up about not being there with him on a daily basis. Anyway, I know I'm rambling, but I'm wondering if any of you have any words of wisdom that I haven't thought of!<br><br>
I may be able to negotiate something more flexible at work, but I don't want to jeopardize my position right off the bat. The description of the job states that it is an on-site, full time position. So there may not be much wiggle room. Plus, I'm not the best negotiator. So tricky being a working mom...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts