Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And let me say, SOMETHING about this diaper situation HAS TO CHANGE or we are going right back to sposies for poo. ALL OVER the cover. The diaper rode down in the front again. And all he was doin was SLEEPIN! And I just got the joy of figuring out how to clean that off the prefold.......used my shower sprayer......I obviously need a lesson in that too cause I sprayed half my bathroom!!

They're FINE........as long as he just PEES!!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Eeep. Have you considered using a Snappi to hold the prefold in place under the cover?

As far as rinsing a prefold with a sprayer - can't help ya there! We use fitteds which require a little less space to spray off.

Hang in there - you'll get the hang of it! You'll no doubt get a great deal of advice from the sage Moms on this board that swear by thier prefolds!

-E

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Turn the pressure down on your sprayer!!! I had problems with that at first, too, and DH still can't figure out how to spray the poo in the toilet and not on the curtains!

Are you just tri-folding the prefold? As the PP mentioned, you might want to try a Snappi or pins instead. Also, do you have any fitteds? If you don't like prefolds, don't give up, there are lots of other options, and we have never had a poo leak with a fitted in this house!

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Hang in there, mama! You've gotten some good advice. I definitely had a few "Why did I do this??" moments when I switched and changed my first poop diapers.

But stick with it, and you'll have a system down that works!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Ack. I so know what you mean. We just switched and I'm having a wee bit of an issue with the poop, too. It's just yucky.

I am now seriously looking into getting the potty pail (www.pottypail.com), even though I am loathe to spend even more money at this point. I keep reminding myself that I will be using this on future children. It just looks like a really good product for cleaning the poop, and you don't have to touch it.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I JUST started this today! Well, one dipe yesterday and then he's been in all CD's since i changed him from overnight last night.
I don't HAVE any pins or snappis or anything! I'm seriously thinking I'm going to like those fitteds when they show up.
I don't mind those prefolds for pee....

This last time, I didn't fold the diaper down as much and it seemed to be staying where it should be more....but I still think I'm going the prefold-to-fitteds route.

Oh and all I was using was my regular old shower sprayer stretched out to reach the toilet, LMAO....that could be part of it. I don't have a fancy system in place yet AT ALL...........but I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO STICK MY HANDS IN POOP WATER TO CLEAN A DIPE. YUCK.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Have you thought about using some microfleece liners over your prefold? It's a lot easier to spray off and then (hopefully) only a little poop is on the prefold so it's not so bad to spray off. Also if you have an extra prefold you can sit it on the ground, drop your dipe, wipes and liner onto it and use it to carry your pail. That way you don't have to hold onto the wet mess to get it into the pail. Sure it's more to wash but it's easier to juggle.

I bought enough microfleece to make 12 liners and it cost me about $3.00 total. You don't have to hem it so it's super easy. If an non-domestic goddess like myself can figure it out, anybody can! :LOL

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that sounds like maybe a good idea....my pf shifted too I think so poo all over the cover....but it came out of the washer SPOTLESS!!
He's 8 mos and on solids, so it could be worse--could be a big newborn bf after a couple days of no poo...............

·
Banned
1,288 Posts
Until your DS has solid poos, the best thing to do is pin or snappi the prefolds. My DS has 3-4 bf poos a DAY, and we've only gotten poo on the cover a handful of times since I started using pins and snappis 2 1/2 months ago (and it's never very much poo). The first week I was using cloth, I tri-folded the prefold into a wrap and got poo on the cover every single time. It was discouraging, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts