Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had taken Korina out of the bath yesterday and she just had her diaper on. She was looking at her belly/nipples and said 'mama, nursey Korina'. She hasn't nursed in about three months so I was sort of excited that she was asking to nurse again. I got her into position when she started protesting and informed me that she wanted me to nurse on her! I was a little surprised and not quite sure what to do! It was very very sweet of her to want to nurse me. I make some sucking sounds and she told me 'no, not there, HERE!' and pointed to her nipple. I made some more pretend noises near her nipple and she laughed and moved on to something else. I'm glad she didn't push it any further as I wouldn't actually do it!

Have any of you ever had your toddler request this before? How did you handle it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, maybe no other toddler has requested this before!

We recently got Korina a kitchen with lots of fake food and pans and such and she has been really into pretending to feed mama so that's most likely where it stemmed from.

I think if it happens again, I'll tell her nursies are for mamas to give their kids and she can feel free to nurse her animals/dollies, etc.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
DD does that all the time! We "pretend" nurse on her, she giggles and thinks it's so funny!!!

She asks daddy all the time to nursey on her...and he does, at first it made him feel weird, but now he understands that it's just a game

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
that is such a sweet story!!!
I wish my daughter remembered nursing. She DOES nurse her dolls but she doesn't really remember it. How cute are these little ones, huh?

Meg

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you ladies so much for responding - I thought it was so sweet and just a game too but it did make me feel sort of weird at first (that's kind of sad, isn't it!) Just my sweet girl playing a game.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
That is sweet! The other day, ds had his shirt off and he noticed his nipples. He stared, then he poked. Then he squished the nipple up towards his mouth and tried a suck.

He just laughed! I asked him if he got any milk, and he said "No. No nuhsie milk."

He keeps telling dh to nurse (from me). Dh tell him no thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts