Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these as highly recommended as they seem to be? It would help me a lot sometimes as I could have my hands free for ten minutes (that's the dream). I'm very close to buying one, I think a couple of positive affirmations here will just about seal the deal. Looking for a cheap place to buy as well!

Any experiences that you share will be massively appreciated, I think it may be the answer to finding a few more minutes in the day.

Thank you,

Julia x

·
Registered
790 Posts
I bought one for a great price used on Craigslist. I'm rather "meh" about it. If baby is in a good mood or sleeping I can put him in it for about 10 minutes. At 6 weeks old, he's happy to be placed on a soft blanket on the floor during his awake times and I can leave him there long enough to shower and get dressed.

Every baby is really different. My first was intense and couldn't put her down aside from using the swing or bouncy seat. She needed vigorous movement.

This one likes to be put down sometimes, and can sleep outside of arms if swaddled. We tried and returned 2 swings from target for DS, he didn't like swings at all. He doesn't really care for the momaroo either but will tolerate for a few minutes. I don't think the mamaroo moves vigorously enough for any baby, personally.

He does like the bouncy seat and can be bounced to sleep in it and occasionally take a long nap. For both my kids the bouncy seat has been indespensible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts