Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Mamas,

My babe is almost 7 mos and has had his 8 incisors for about three weeks now. I thought that we would have a teething respite until the one year molars came in. But now I think I might be crazy: drooling red rash is back on cheeks and I feel/see two swollen ridges, one on both the right and left bottom gums.

Could he really be getting molars already???
:

What are the common patterns for teething? I know 8 incisors then 1 year molars. But do they tend to come bottom first? How many at once? More than one side at once?

Thanks for your help in determining if I am crazy or not.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am interested in this question.

DS - a bit older than yours, has 8 teeth as well. The top four came in at the same time. I can now feel sharp points at the back of his mouth. I am *praying* that he just has bumpy gums.

Also, curious, could my diet cause this? I gorge on calcium tablets (chewable gummy cal tablets - yum!).

·
Registered
536 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my dd is 9 mo and she has 8 teeth. She has had them since 7 mos. There are the 8 teeth that you are referring to, then the "eye teeth," then the 2 yr molars. My dd has had the swollen gums where her "eye teeth" will be coming in at for months now. I've been watching them slowly come down to the surface since she got her last teeth in. Personally, I can't wait until she gets her 2 yr molars in so we can get some sleep! I'm thinking that it will be at the very LEAST before 18 mos.

Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong about the order, ages, and names of the teeth but that is what her baby book says.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Let me just tell you, it does not matter what the baby books say. My kids all got their teeth at different times and in different orders. DD#1 was nine months before she got her first two and they were insanely slow to come in. I think she had four teeth at one year. DS didn't get his eye teeth (pointy ones that look like fangs) until he was TWO. That's right. He got his two year molars before he got those front four fangs. DD#3 started teething at four months and immediately got two, bottom front teeth.
Every child is different and yours *could* be getting molars, even at that young age.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MotheringHeart View Post
Let me just tell you, it does not matter what the baby books say. My kids all got their teeth at different times and in different orders. DD#1 was nine months before she got her first two and they were insanely slow to come in. I think she had four teeth at one year. DS didn't get his eye teeth (pointy ones that look like fangs) until he was TWO. That's right. He got his two year molars before he got those front four fangs. DD#3 started teething at four months and immediately got two, bottom front teeth.
Every child is different and yours *could* be getting molars, even at that young age.
Right. All babies/children are different as far as the order that they get their teeth. I guess I was talking about the order that they are arranged in your mouth. Your dc could very well be getting molars! Everyone's experience is different. My dd got her bottom 2 teeth first, then the top 2. Then I was expecting her to get the next 2 on the bottom but they came on top first. Then immediatly following she got the next 2 on the bottom. Her's tend to come in pairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.