Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 very heavy wetters. DS1 is 18 months and a big, sturdy guy who pees like a racehorse--always has. We use bamboo VB Basic Nights with an extra SBs (hemp/cotton) doubler (in addition to the thick 2-layer doubler that snaps into the VBBN) and Aristocrats soakers (shorties and longies).

Lately, I feel like I'm always lanolizing because of leaks. I'll lanolize them really well and they'll be good for a week or two, then they start to leak (a little--not peeing right through them or anything) again. It's difficult because they take a long time (like a day+) to dry and with the sun not being as intense this time of year, putting them outside does very little to speed up the process. Anyone have a similar experience with their little super-soaker?
TIA...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I usually lanolize every time I wash my wool just to be sure. I also have spray lanoline I spray on there too. I am nuts with the lanolin, but I don't want to wake up in a wet bed. I just started using wool again at night on my super soaker. I was sticking with only Deluxe Fleece there for awhile.

·
Registered
776 Posts
about once a week or so...wich usually ends up every time i wash the cover...i put on solid lanolin from northern essence that is scented and i know every time i start to not smell the lanolin scent its time to lanolinize (is that even a word?
) he is a heavy wetter as well

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Every couple of weeks, after I wash them. We don't get Eucalan here, so you have to lanolise after every wash. When I smell pee after airing, wash and lanolinise. I'm using 2 nighttime covers in rotation.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Another thread got me thinking, have you ever considered using crocheted wool instead of knitted?(assuming that's what you are using) Crocheted wool uses more yarn, and it's a tighter weave, so it provides a LOT of absorbancy and protection. HTH

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eben'sMama View Post
raversangel, does the solid lanolin leave greasty stains on the wool? I've been thinking of trying it...

no, not greasy...its maybe a bit tacky if you get too much if that makes sense? and no it doesn't leave any stains or anything that i have seen, and i've used cream interlock
if you get any spots or anything like that from the lanolin usually it will come out in the next wash...*usually* but honestly i used spray lanolin and it didn't work worth a darn for us, so i switched to the solid lanolin and its GREAT!! you just put some on your fingers and spread it around your hands and massage it into the cover from the center out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.