Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Bella in the hospital, but I can't for the life of me remember what I wore in the hospital for the next two days. Do you remember if you got to wear your own pajamas or if you wore a hospital gown? And if you did get to wear your PJs, did it make a difference if you wore PJ pants, or do you really recommend a nightgown? I can't believe I don't remember this, but I was in a LOT of pain after Bell was born, and no one had told me anything about postpartum recovery, so what I DO remember is being completely blindsided on pretty much an hourly basis by some new postpartum discovery, LOL! Oh yeah, and learning how to BF from my drive-by lactation consultant
I'm sure only being given maybe 6 contractions to push through before she was vacuumed out of me had plenty to do with it (fingers crossed that things will be different this time!).

TIA,

Melissa

· Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses. I think I'm going to buy a cheapo nursing nightgown on eBay and also bring a big baggy nursing shirt (my aunt sent me a bunch that I was just about to drop in a clothing drop box, didn't think I'd ever use them) and some PJ pants I have that are wearing out, in case they get wrecked. I'm MUUUUCH more partial to the PJ pants and shirt, but it'll be nice to have the extra option

I'm really glad I asked here, you guys provided some additional details that I had forgotten all about, like the mesh undies, LOL! I don't remember having any perineal checks either, but that doesn't mean I didn't have any, and since this is a different hospital, it doesn't mean I won't this time.

Thanks again!

Melissa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.