Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SIL just had her baby boy two days ago, as far as I know he has not been circed yet. Even though medicaid in this state doesn't cover circ I guess the hospital she had her baby only charges $125 to get it done (I assumed it would be more like $650 like the hospital where I had my baby charges) I know that she could afford that, so not I'm scared that she will have it done.

Her DH doesn't seem to care, I asked him if it were his idea and he said he doesnt care either way. SIL is the one wanting it done for some weird reason even though she's changed my 7 year old countless times and my 1 year old too. She knows that I think its wrong and why, so WHY DOES SHE WANT IT? Anyway my DH showed her DH a circ video awhile back and I pled my case with him and he thinks circ is stupid. He even asked my FIL what he thought about it (FIL agreed that it's pointless) I knew that he wouldn't agree to pay $650 but now that it's so cheap I'm scared that my SIL will talk him into paying it.

It's bad enough that she smoked a pack a day and he had such a low birth weight, and she's already trying to find excuses why she shouldn't nurse

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
I hope she doesn't do it too! Keep us posted

love and peace.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It sounds like your did as much as you could to educate them. I really hope they didn't do it too.

Until doctors start giving true informed concent and refusing to do circumcision except when medically necessary I don't think people are going to get it. Ugh......... It's just so angering.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woohoo, they arn't going to do it!!! I asked her DH straight out if they are and he said no, I was all "thank you" and he was all "I didn't do it for you, haha" and I was all"I know, i'm thanking you for him" He said that after he saw that circ video he knew that it was mutilation and that there is no reason for him to do it, he's xian and god put foreskin on there for a reason. I made sure my SIL knows not to mess with the foreskin either. YAY

·
Registered
580 Posts
That is wonderful.

I was so excited to hear about the ending of Medicaid funding in MO but I'm saddened to know they are only charging $125 for it. My dh is from there and pretty much all of his male family members are circed. I had my first 2 kids there (both girls) but the hospitals definitely seemed pro-circ when we filled out admission paperwork both times. One nurse tried to get a signature when I was getting ready to push dd#2 out. We mostly lived in Phelps County and a lot of the people there are on Medicaid so maybe even $125 is enough of a deterent for some.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Hooray! You and your DH saved that baby! That is so awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts