Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I began counseling. I've reached my limits. I've stretched myself too thin. How do you juggle everything? I'm a full time student, part time employee of two separate jobs, full time single mom. I feel defeated not being able to do it all. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
7,581 Posts
Hi Tvasquez and welcome to Mothering!!

Wow, you have raised the #1 concern that gets discussed on the Working and Student Parents board here at Mothering. It is tough. Your schedule sounds particularly difficult because you are juggling more balls than some of us, between kids, school and 2 jobs.

How is the quality of your child care? And if you don't mind me asking, do you have financial help with that? Lots of states offer subsidies to single parents trying to get themselves into a stronger financial place, as it sounds like you are doing. High quality child care can go a long way towards reducing stress.

For me, keeping everything afloat has always come down to good routines: things I get done just on autopilot without having to make another list. There is an online system that I use when I'm at my best; when I'm not at my best (which is most of the time!) I muddle through on variations of a routine based system.

What kind of work do you do, what are you studying in school, and how many kids are you mothering?

By the way, good for you for starting counseling! That is a sign of a strong woman! You have to nurture yourself first before you can turn to others!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm a full time student, part time employee of two separate jobs, full time single mom. I feel defeated not being able to do it all. Any advice?
You're a super MOM if you do all these roles :) this can be very hard. The secret if you wanna stay and keep sane doing all these roles.. is enjoy your life as student mom and employee.. keep yourself motivated esp for your child and PRAY. :) Goodluck! Its amazing how do you divide your time...

·
Registered
395 Posts
You are awesome. It's impossible. I don't mean that it's impossible to do all these things at once and accomplish what you want... but I have found that it's impossible to succeed at all of things things at all times.

I'm constantly dropping the ball on one thing while managing the rest. And I think that's reasonable. It doesn't feel good though, when you want to be great at all these things at the same time and feel like life is tidy and complete.

Sticking to a schedule helps, so does a crock pot. I felt better when I made a list of everything I did in a day just so that I could see that I really did have a lot to do, it wasn't just my imagination.

Hang in there! Hope you get some good advice and support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts