Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I haven't had a chance to get in on this forum. I had my little baby girl at home on March 22. I still can't believe it. Time flies, she is teething, pobrecita! She is going though clothes like crazy b/c of being wet from drool.

Anyone else have baby who started to have milk come out their nose when they're nursing? It started about four weeks ago. Then when she is breathing you hear the rasp of the milk in there -- gross! Poor baby.

She is my angel. She is a great baby, which is good because I'm busy handling the other two.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Athena pushed Jalen off the couch. I was cooking dinner, I'm a horrible mother for leaving her with him unattended, even for a few minutes. And it was even worse than it should have been because it's the first big BANG! on the floor (I don't know if I've mentioned that when Athena was 17 months old, she hit her head on the floor really hard and had a stroke the same weekend, doctors are for sure that the two are related, but I am). I was sobbing and she kept saying "But I'm sorry, I say sorry" and we've been working on that it isn't enough sometimes to say sorry when you hurt someone on purpose. Is this normal? Why does she hurt us? I'm trying to give her as much attn as I can, but between nursing and changing and just plain DEALING with life, I can't do it all. I just can't. I'm feeling so lost.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Rebecca, Sorry to hear that you are having a bit of a hard time with Athena. I hope that it's get better real soon. Poor Jalen. I hope he feels better after that fall.

Chloe is doing great. Still smiling lots and even laughs a bit for us. I guess it depends on her mood. She started to have green poops and to have them frequently since thurday. So I'm trying to find out why. I'm pretty sure it's not food related. Right now i'm thinking imbalance of foremilk/hindmilk.

Jas is talking more and more. it's fun to understand her. her sleep is pretty much good with a few wakings.

Well, got to go. Need my sleep. lol lol

Hi! to everyone.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am so glad I am not the only one with toddler and infant issues. My 2 yr old pulled the entire changing table over with the baby on it! Of course, she landed in the one spot without foam floor squares, which Douglas loves to pull apart and I'm too exhausted most days to put back. I thought she'd be okay until I returned from the bathroom washing the pooies off my hands, I thought wrong. I have a very old changing table with 4-5 inch sides, she isn't going to roll off or climb off at this point in her little life; I never imagined Douglas would climb up and pull it over!
He kicked her in the head while she was in the car carrier at the dentist on Monday. (Douglas chipped his two front teeth Sunday at Church). I don't know why they do things like this. I think sometimes he just wants to see what will happen.
Douglas stopped nursing when he was 14.5 months old, I was pregnant and didn't know it -- he did. He likes to watch "Amelia eat boobie". I asked him if he wanted to drink milk from mommy and he said infactically "No". I guess that is a good thing (what would my ILs and Mother think!!!).
A mother at my chiropractors office just recommended The Happiest Toddler on the Block. I might look into it just to see if it would help. I need to get a copy of Siblings Wthout Rivalry. My oldest Zachary and Douglas are driving me crazy all day!!!
I hope Rebecca's children are doing better. I didn't have any issues between Zachary age 3 1/2 and Douglas as a newborn. Your's must be just 3 or either I was just lucky. Douglas is making up for it now.

·
Registered
10,795 Posts
Hi everyone! =)

We had our first little accident here a couple of weeks ago...Dylan fell off the bed!
I felt like such a horrible mama and it happened so fast! HE just rolled right off! Luckily he didn't even have a scratch but he was soo scared..he nursed for like 2 hours afterwards and clung to me for a couple days. I still feel awful..though I have made him a *nest* in our bed now, not sure what we will do when he starts to crawl?

Dylan is keeping me super busy these days! He seems to always want to be on the go and gets bored very easily! (is he really only 4 months old?) The thing is he wants to sit up and crawl so badly but can't do it yet and he gets soooo frustrated..poor boy! He does manage to scoot around both on his back and tummy now and is almost on all fours! Otherwise he's still growing like mad and is out of all his 3-6 month clothes and into 9 month things! (he's 27 inches!) He also has a tooth coming in and he has started sucking his thumb!

Anyway that's about all here..hope everything is well!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Rebecca, hang in there. It's hard to get into the minds of little ones. Who knows what Athena is thinking. Just know you are doing your best! My youngest boy will try to hit his baby sis every so often. This seems to be linked with attention. I know he doesn't really want to hurt her (though everyone thinks so), he looks at me and wants to be chased...ha, attention. He kisses on her a lot so you never know when it's going to happen. At least the oldest (4) is at an age where i can reason with him. I can tell him to protect the baby and i can leave him alone with her for a few. But, if the second brother is around...forget it (he's almost 3). They'll fight over her, etc. I don't turn my back when #2 is around. I guess be vigilant with your babe, just give your oldest extra hugs, and pray that you are handling the situation as best as possible. This is just what i think i've figured.

Motherhood is demanding (and rewarding), all moms here need to reach an arm across their shoulder and give yourself a pat across the back. I think we are all doing a great job! Please forgive yourself for not being perfect! (hope this wasn't too sappy)

Have a happy fourth!

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
Happy July! I really can't believe time is going so darn fast. Ori is great...his eyes have turned really blue and he has become quite a little chunk! He is playing so much! He really loves to play with fabric and it is so cute to watch!
to the mommies who are having hard times with their older young ones.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Glad to see a new thread. Can't type much now - but just wanted to add that we're STILL having issues with my 2 and 3 year olds hurting the babies. Still. Sigh. Sometimes accidentally - sometimes on purpose - like Michael hitting Maribeth with his plastic screwdriver yesterday. Why - I don't know. But it's common.

We actually had a pretty good trip out to Maine and back for my sisters wedding. Flying through the night worked the babies just slept and nursed and Melissa slept most of the time. I fit my bridesmaid dress (barely and I had to buy tummy control underware- but we got it zipped). The babies slept through the whole wedding and I got to nurse them in between the wedding and reception and left the reception to nurse them. Melissa was a perfect little flowergirl and stood up front the whole time. I was so proud of her.

Megan's 13 lbs even now, Maribeth is 10 lbs 13 oz as of last week. Hard to believe they are 5 months as of yesterday. They both suck their thumbs. Megan sleeps in the crib now at nightin the same room. She sleeps better that way. She usually does a good stretch of 6-8 hours a night. Usually starting aroudn 11 or midnight. Then wakes nurses and goes back to sleep for another couple of hours.

Maribeth's the complete opposite - she catnaps and nurses on and off all night. She sleeps with me and/or in her infant seat next to the bed. Sometimes her reflux is too bad to actually sleep lying down with me when she's done nurseing. Both still have a fussy, coliky period in the evenings though but are pretty happy babies during the day.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hi guys! Can we join you? I've been lurking a little, but whenever I stop in and see the pages of posts, I feel overwhelmed. So now that the thread's started over, it's managable LOL. Is there a spot with intros? Or just kinda start at the beginning to figure out what's going on?

Anyway, DS was born March 31, almost 2 weeks late. I had to be induced and so couldn't have the birth center birth I had hoped for. But all's well that ends well, right? He's so smily and giggly, alway's cooing and squeeking. He loves to watch his big sister and always smiles when she comes over, even though she's usually close to smothering him. :LOL Maybe he knows she doesn't mean to.

Ok, late, bedtime!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Monkaha. Great to have another Mum on the board.

Our trip to Germany was a great success and DD coped brilliantly with all the disruption, travelling, new people and places even though her teeth are really hurting her. The wedding was beautiful and the whole weekend was great fun. She had a big meltdown last night though
, I think overtiredness coupled with teething. She was so upset that she made herself sick. I hate seeing her in pain, it's awful
. DH was saying to me that he can't understand how people can do CIO. DD was being held by us the whole time and she was still incredibly upset, I am sure if we left her to cry it would be dangerous for her.

I am also finding myself slightly annoyed by people who insist that DD can't be teething yet becuase she is only 3 months (14 weeks tomorrow). She has all the signs and if you give her stuff to help her gums then she is all smiles within minutes! However, we did get some validation over the weekend from a Mum whose baby had 4 teeth at 4 months!!!

She is developing in leaps and bounds though and it seems that every day she can do something new. It is so exciting to watch her explore her world.

I am sorry that some of you are having problems with siblings. I am glad that I don't have that to deal with yet but will store up your experiences for future reference.
to you all.

to everyone

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hi Ladies

I have been absent but I am still here. I can't believe how big Jack is getting! Can't believe he is almost 4 mos!

Electra375~My dd and your dd share a b-day! She turned 3 when yours was born, neat!

Well, here it goes..........I found out Sunday morning that I am pregnant
: and that I am due in March! I guess that is just what dh and I do (check sig) :LOL. We knew we wanted one more but not so close, yk? I guess beggers can't be choosers right? Anyway, has anyone nursed through a preg? Is it possible? I have established such a good relationship with Jack that I would hate to give that up

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmama
Well, here it goes..........I found out Sunday morning that I am pregnant
: and that I am due in March! I guess that is just what dh and I do (check sig) :LOL. We knew we wanted one more but not so close, yk? I guess beggers can't be choosers right? Anyway, has anyone nursed through a preg? Is it possible? I have established such a good relationship with Jack that I would hate to give that up

Oh Emily!
And, they need a smilie to express, "OMG! I can understand your concern, but it's really going to be a blessing!" I can totally understand the shock... and it drives home the unprotected sex we had JUST LAST NIGHT. Uh... I would be really shocked, too. And, I would call up my friends and relatives that have closely spaces kids for pointers. I always think you learn so much from them. You have CherylE here to learn from. I bet she'll have some advice for you. Nursing through pregnancy is possible, doable and even at times very enjoyable (great way to get some rest!). I nursed my son Jude through pregnancy. I'd contact a local La Leche League leader to talk about the affects of pregnancy and nursing a little one though. Some women have drops in their milk supply. You may not though. The call to LLL is totally free. http://lalecheleague.org/WebIndex.html

Mamas having older kid whoas.
I totally agree with Kirstie -- Pat yourselves on the back. You're doing a great job! You're loving both your kids as best as you can. Remember, they say the first baby is fragile and every baby after that is indestructable!!! Here's to indestructable seconds, thirds, fourths, fifths and sixths!

elcome new March mamas!

I do so much better when this thread is little. When it gets longer, I feel like I want to reply to everyone, but then I get so overwelmed I just don't know where to begin. I hate posting those me, me, me posts, but I suppose sometimes it's the best way.

So, me, me, me. We just got back from a 10 day vacation without my DH (working). It was fun, but I'm beat. We visited with family on vacation in Kentucky (8 hour drive from here). And, I start a new semester today. I actually need to go find some clean professional clothes to teach in. Oh, and they have to fit. Hmmm, I better go look for them now!!!

Cicely is doing well. She's 14 lbs and 27 inches long. She's long and skinny with some chunk in her thighs. She's been rolling for a few weeks now and she's been scooting for a couple. When I lay her on the floor on her belly she'll propell herself 4-5 feet away from where I lay her. Am I really ready for this?!?!

I'm so totally enjoying motherhood right now. I'm pretty sure we'll have more. Although sometimes I think that this is so good, maybe more kids won't neccesarily make this better... just busier and dirtier. I don't want 3 kids, I'd want 4. That's like doubling what I have now. Is it always a "should we, shouldn't we" sort of dance?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Emmama - congratulations! I hope you are able to nurse through pregnancy. I never have been able to - but that could be because I get such horrible morning sickness and get really dehydrated and my supply went from squirting everywhere to just a few drops - not nearly enough for an exclusively bf baby. So I had to start giving formula as they were horribly dehydtrated and then the babies wouldn't even TRY to breastfeed anymore. I think nursing through pregnancy is easier to do with an older baby who has other sources of nutrition than a baby that's totally dependant on breastmilk.

Spark - remember if you go for 4, then you might end up with 4 and 5.
I didn't want odd number either - but then now what? We're struggling with the bc issue here. Dh's putting off getting snipped, I can't use hormonal b/c when nursing even the kinds that are supposed to be o.k. and I"m allergic to latex and spermicides. Which leaves just plain non-latex condoms at about $5 each and dh hates them.

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
Emily, Congratulations!!!!! I can't imagine what I would do if I saw a positive pregnancy test. Actually, it has been so busy and hectic in our house since March (not baby related) that we haven't even had a chance to even have sex yet.
Can you believe that? How sad are we.
We never seem to have a spare moment when we aren't incredibly busy, or one of us isn't asleep. It isn't going to slow down anywhere in the near future either. Actually, we don't have much going on today...hmmmm.... If I told you our schedule this summer, you would have to take a nap just from reading it.
Thus, I haven't posted in ages. Of course, my psycho computer hasn't helped either. I'm on dh's now while he's at work.

K will be four weeks next week. I don't know where the time has gone. He weighs 17 pounds and is killing my back. I hate to admit that I use the stroller more than I ever did with the other two. Of course, he is the only one of my children who didn't scream in it. I sling him as much as I can, but I can tell by late afternoon when my back is killing me if I have carried him too much. I should see a chiro, but frankly, I would probably have to go in several times a week to see any difference and we simply can't afford it. I'll just have to live with it.

I am so enjoying being a mom of three. K is such an easy baby. He only cries if he needs something, then as soon as you take care of his need, he is fine. He is constant smiles and laughs. It's just so different from my other two. I'd have a bunch more if they were all like them. I still feel like I want another baby, but Dh feels like we are getting too old (he turned 35 in May and I'll turn 35 in a few weeks.) I know that by the time I get my period back (if I'm true to form) it will be another year, then add another year or so to that and I could very well be 37 before we got pregnant. That would mean that we would be around 60 when our last child graduates from college. When I start to think that I would be older than my mom is now when all the kids are finally on their own, the reality sort of sets in. We could still always have that "oops" baby and that would be fine with me, but I'm starting to come to the realization that K will likely be our last. I was pretty depressed about it at first, but as K grows it is less of an issue and I am focusing on watching him grow, and not on what I won't have again.

K still isn't rolling over yet, which frankly is fine with me.
He really doesn't have much of a chance to practice. Contrary to some of the other siblings here, my two boys are absolutely FABULOUS with him. I simply can't believe it. They do everything for him and he is the center of their world. If I put him on his tummy and he complains, they roll him over. If he fusses, they are right there to entertain him. It is darling. They are never rough or aggressive with him and it is so beautiful to watch. My older two are 6 and 3 1/2 so maybe their age helps.

I'm hoping to check in more, but next week we leave for Tampa. It will be a 2 day + trip there for us. I'm not looking forward to that much time in the van, but flying is toooooooooo expensive.
It will be an adventure, right???? Please tell me it will be an adventure and not torture.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.