Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pascal has been sitting unsupported for 3 weeks now. Uh, cool! I use the Boppy to catch him if he accidentally falls backward. Does anyone's babe have a tooth? I just wonder if anyone is still out there, and if so, what you're going through now? I flew w/ Pascal alone to see my in-laws (we're close) in California (from MA) and I am sure glad I attachment parent and am used to interacting w/ my baby because a plane is a pretty close environment. I'll talk more if there are any Marchers out there! Otherwise, well, I'll join February!

· Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Marcher here. DD is just barley 5 months old now. She still hasn't rolled over and doesn't sit unassisted. She just sits on my lap and talks away. She is such a happy baby and is such a great addition to our lifes. She is growing so fast though, its kind of sad. We have made two trips to OH from here, TN. Nothing like a plane trip but a road trip with one adult and two LOs is note-worthy. DD is still working on her tooth. It comes through the gum and then a day or so later it is gone. Not looking forward to nursing with teeth again, perhaps she will be a little easier on her mamma.

· Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LolaMommy View Post
HI! I want to join! DS was born on March 1st. WOOT!

Great, welcome! And nice to hear from you chase mommy! So, the tooth plays peekaboo? How odd! DS is my first, so I'm learning everything for the first time. I think a car trip would be almost worse than a plane because she has to be in her carseat. Is that so?

My family is so supportive of me right now, but my mom always talks about how much DS wants solid food. I actually think she may be right, but I want to delay solids. I wonder how I will handle things as my decisions part ways further with convention, and DS gets bigger. Already haven't vaxed, and I just say "He's too little. His body weight can't support all the aluminum in the vaccines." This satisfies them...for now.

· Registered
2,617 Posts
We're here! Katie's birthday is March 11th. She hasn't rolled over yet either. She can almost sit unassisted. If you sit her up she holds it for a bit the kind of folds in half with her face on her knees and tips to the side.

I can not believe how big she is. Some of the clothes she's wearing are 6 month sizes. I boxed up her newborn clothes the other day and it was hard to believe she had ever been that small.

· Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Rosemary- Yes, road trip was challenging, for all of us. Of courses DD had to be strapped in the car seat and DC couldn't reach her from his seat to comfort her any. What normally is a 7 hour trip slowly turned into a 10 hour one. I stopped and nursed so many time trying to comfort her. I kept telling myself she has to go to sleep some time but og course she slept very little until we got there and then was out for 4 days. Ahhh... not so much looking forward to our upcoming road trip.

I am also not vaxing and luckily not getting to much negative feedback. I was totally prepared for it but I suppose since my DS is on the spectrum people don't have the nerve to question me. I kind of wish they would, in a way, I am a debater and don't mind defending my position. I am also delaying solids. Don't know for how long but I still feel no need for them, MM is doing a great job on its own. I think it is some peoples automatic not thought through reaction to say "he/she is so so so hungry, look at him/her looking at my plate/breadstick". I often think to myself when DD is looking the same way at the print on my shirt if she is so so so hungry and just needs* to eat it too.
People are so funny. Hang in there, do what you feel is right.

Hello Lola and welcome.

· Registered
72 Posts
Hi! I'd like to join. Ds was born March 27th. He's rolled over only once, not very interested in it! He is almost sitting up unassisted. Talking ALL the time. And still completely fascinated with his hands. No teeth. And he just got over a really bad stomach bug
. Really glad that's over. He's more than 20 lbs. Really big!Ped says it's ok, so I try not to worry. Glad to see other March mamas here!
:

· Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Howdy

The Elly-Belly (born 3-26) doesn't sit unassisted yet, but he's trying-he's a chatterbox and goofy-it's so funny, he was so very serious at first and now he's such a silly baby. He gnaws on everything he can get his paws on.

· Registered
422 Posts
May I join in? I haven't posted much on the forums until recently. DD was born March 29, so she's just turned 4 months. She can kind of sit unsupported for 15 seconds or so, but inevitably topples. She's also getting a better hang of rolling over and can scoot herself backwards, but can't figure out the forwards direction, yet! Silly girl!

· Registered
108 Posts
Hi everyone!

I have a March 1st baby also, and he too is over 20 lbs! I blame formula though, as I was onlyl able to breast feed for one month due to milk drying up despite help from lactation, la leche league, prescription meds, herbs, pumping - you name it.

For that reason, and because he's so big and ALWAYS seems hungry, I started solids last week - cereal and more recently peas. He eats everything with gusto.

He's rolling over but not quite sitting up unassisted yet. He seems very frustrated by this...

I didn't vax either. No one has really said anything to me about it, at least not yet...

· Registered
2,627 Posts
Anyone else struggling with sleep right now? We're in the thick of the 4mo sleep regression and really battling to stay sane. Just hoping it's going to get miraculously better sometime soon, and not get worse and worse as ds's did (I'm pretty traumatized still by his first 2yrs of terrible sleep).

Ella is 4.5mo (3/15) and rolling over, almost sitting, chattering away and finding various things (mostly her brother) hilarious. She's pretty darn cute. Lucky for her
No sign of readiness for solids yet, which is good bc I have no plans to start any time soon.

We start childcare next week
. It's a great situation (both of them are going to a homeschooling family with an awesome AP mom), but I still feel sad about it.

· Registered
294 Posts
Renzo and Mina are still peanuts, partly because they were four weeks early. He's 12 and 3/4lbs, she's 10 and 1/4lbs. It's not slowing them down any, though! They both roll over both ways, and Renzo has begun inchworming around. I can't believe he's almost crawling! They both babble and laugh a lot, and are starting these wild high-pitched screeches. Mina is almost sitting unassisted.

· Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XanaduMama View Post
Anyone else struggling with sleep right now? We're in the thick of the 4mo sleep regression and really battling to stay sane. Just hoping it's going to get miraculously better sometime soon, and not get worse and worse as ds's did (I'm pretty traumatized still by his first 2yrs of terrible sleep).

DD just (like 2 days ago) went back to her normal sleep habits.
: I hope they are here to stay. She was on a three week sleep strike and I was feeling like I was about to lose it. Luckily, it appears that she is cutting me a break and just in the nick of time. Hang in there mamma it will get better. I always tell myself in hard times, "she can't cry/stay awake forever." I know that is the obvious but it helps to remind myself of that in times of needing peace and getting none.

· Registered
203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
Hang in there mamma it will get better. I always tell myself in hard times, "she can't cry/stay awake forever." I know that is the obvious but it helps to remind myself of that in times of needing peace and getting none.
I say this to myself all the time!!
My little guy was born 3/7. He is just now returning to more normal sleep after a couple of weeks of waking every 1.5-2 hours. Argh!

Despite the sleep thing, he's such a joy to have in our lives. I can barely remember my life without him (except that's maybe when I had time to exercise . . .). He started daycare full time about 3 weeks ago and seems to be doing great there. I went back to work full time 6 weeks ago and it's really hard! Mostly I just miss him during the day.
Can't say I love pumping . . .

Eli is really rolling over a lot and likes to sleep on his side. Nowhere close to sitting unassisted. I think he's teething, though no sign of an actual tooth yet. He's seeming interested in solids - he wants to stick his hand on my plate, on my glass, fork, etc. We're waiting another month. He's kind of a ham - very giggly and smiley and laughs a lot.

I can't believe how big he is. It seems like yestday, he was a teensy newborn. Everyone was right - it happens so fast!

· Registered
411 Posts
DD was born on March 30th and is now 16lbs 26"long and I just got out the 9 month size clothes! I am very grateful for my aunt who has supplied her wardrobe because she is going through them so fast! She can roll from her back to tummy very quickly but not the other way. She is no where close to sitting unassisted but she can get on her hands and knees and rock front to back for a little while.

She has never slept for more than 3 hours at a time but she is now resisting going to sleep at night at all! It can take 45 mins to get her down.

The best thing is that my family is fully supportive of our decisions ie: co-sleeping, no vax and EC. Her Dr. is fully supportive of all three also. It was so easy to go to her 4 month appt. and know that vaccinations were not even a question for him. We don't share with many others our beliefs as we don't feel the need to defend them to others who are uneducated about them. If they would like to research like we have then we can discuss it.

· Registered
72 Posts
We had to go to the ER last weekend when Oliver was sick and the dr gave me a little lecture about childhood obesity and his weight. He's about 21 lbs and EBF. She wanted me to switch him to a feeding schedule so that he doesn't stay fat. This is weird, right? Anyone else have chubby babies? Are you worried? Otherwise, he just decided yesterday that he will only sit straight up, NOT lean back. Even in his carseat. Very sweet. And now that he's well he cracks up laughing at just about anything.

· Registered
2,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smashlie View Post
We had to go to the ER last weekend when Oliver was sick and the dr gave me a little lecture about childhood obesity and his weight. He's about 21 lbs and EBF. She wanted me to switch him to a feeding schedule so that he doesn't stay fat. This is weird, right? Anyone else have chubby babies? Are you worried? Otherwise, he just decided yesterday that he will only sit straight up, NOT lean back. Even in his carseat. Very sweet. And now that he's well he cracks up laughing at just about anything.
Sorry you had to go to the er. Hope Oliver is ok.

Also sorry you had such an uninformed dr. Childhood obesity? In an infant? An EBF infant?
:
It's my understanding that you can't overfeed an EBF baby and that lots of EBF babes slim down after they get mobile (at which point the ped may freak b/c they drop percentiles on the weight chart
) For a more educated response, post over on the breastfeeding board. There are some very educated mamas over there.

Katie rolled over for the first time yesterday! She's also suddenly sitting up much better. She can stay up for a bit but topples fairly quickly.

Here's a pic, cause I like to show her off

· Registered
407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by smashlie View Post
We had to go to the ER last weekend when Oliver was sick and the dr gave me a little lecture about childhood obesity and his weight. He's about 21 lbs and EBF. She wanted me to switch him to a feeding schedule so that he doesn't stay fat. This is weird, right? Anyone else have chubby babies? Are you worried?
My DD1, also EBF'ed, was around 20 lbs by 4 months of age. She never looked really chubby (she was quite long). She's 5 yrs old now and still quite tall, and even though she eats constantly she's a slim girl (she's got a super metabolism like my brother and my DH). It's my uneducated opinion (I'm not a Dr.), but I agree with the PP, I don't think an EBF baby could be overfed.

· Registered
407 Posts
Natalia is getting so big and so interactive. It never ceases to amaze me who much development goes on in such a short period of time. She's super smiley, esp. when she spots one of her sisters. She's just starting to sit up, but not by herself yet. She can roll and very recently found her toes.

She's started to develop quite an attachment to sleeping in her crib. I've found that she will only cat-nap in the sling, but she'll have a good solid nap if I put her in the crib. Which is making it harder to do long outings with DD1 and DD2.

I still have her in the infant seat, but no longer unclick it out of my car. I should probably transfer her to the next carseat...

· Registered
72 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KristyDi View Post
Sorry you had to go to the er. Hope Oliver is ok.

Also sorry you had such an uninformed dr. Childhood obesity? In an infant? An EBF infant?
:
It's my understanding that you can't overfeed an EBF baby and that lots of EBF babes slim down after they get mobile (at which point the ped may freak b/c they drop percentiles on the weight chart
) For a more educated response, post over on the breastfeeding board. There are some very educated mamas over there.

Katie rolled over for the first time yesterday! She's also suddenly sitting up much better. She can stay up for a bit but topples fairly quickly.

Here's a pic, cause I like to show her off

Thanks for the reassurance! I think he's just a big kid. Katie is precious!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.