Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

· Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I went ahead and started a new thread. I hope I am not missing where someone else already did it. I miss hearing from you ladies, so here is the place...

I cannot believe our babies will be 3 months old. Of course, mine just turned 2 months old yesterday. I'll have to get some new pics up.

Anyone else have a babe who almost never sleeps laying down other than at night? I don't know how to manage napping a little one with chasing after a toddler, well really he's quite a big guy now, not much of a toddler anymore.

· Registered
4,494 Posts
I know what you mean mamadaisy! Grey only sleeps during the day if he is being held and rocked...or is at my Grandmother's house :LOL he'll lay down for a 2 hour nap there... but he's great at night so I can't complain too much.

Happy June mamas! Hope everyone is doing well!
Today is my 21st Birthday!
off to go get my massage (the best gift ever!) and celebrate!

· Registered
1,727 Posts
my goal this month -- post more, lurk less! ha ha. i just haven't gotten NAKing down yet. but i read every day!

breastfeeding is finally getting better. after 2 months of tongue tie problems latching and sucking doesn't hurt as much anymore. i think in the next week or two we'll be completely pain-free! wahoo!!

about napping -- mine just turned 2 months on monday. tues and yesterday she took naps IN HER CRIB! one nap for each day. about 45 min each. the other naps were on my lap, or in her bouncy seat (sometimes she'd rather be there than held), or in the mei tai while we were out running around. we still don't put her down at bedtime out of a fear she'll wake up and we'll be spending the rest of our night getting her back to sleep. and she sleeps with us at night. but, once the naps are down we'll move on to bedtime. i'm trying to begin implementing some of the No Cry Sleep Solution ideas early in hopes of keeping any sleep problems at bay. i'm perfectly content to make it a gradual process. i LOVE holding her while she sleeps in the evenings when all else i want to do is watch tv or read. during the day, however, i need her to nap elsewhere because i've got stuff to do!!

on another note -- anyone else exercising much? esp running? i think i developed runner's knee -- just got back to running about 3 weeks ago. i've posted on the running mamas thread, but if any of you have any ideas about this let me know. someone suggested it's the postpartum ligaments still being loose and everything making things not work right in my knees. if anyone else is running and experiencing this tell me what you're doing to fix it. i don't wanna quit running!

· Registered
817 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aprildawn

on another note -- anyone else exercising much? esp running?
Not running but I am exercising. I am walking 3-5 miles 6 days a week and alternating between Windsor Pilates and a Yoga DVD that I have each evening. Today I went to the gym and spent some time on the stair climber and elliptical.

I joined the 1000 minute challenge for May and made it to 1005 minutes. I have started again for June and am hoping to meet my goal again. I find that being a part of the challenge helps keep me motivated.

My babe is doing great. She is a fabulous sleeper... I don't concern myself with naps so much as we are often on the go so she sleeps in the sling while we are out. At night she goes down somewhere between 7 and 9 PM and will sleep anywhere from 4-8 hours. I am happy with our arrangement as my husband travels quite a bit so I treasure quiet evenings.

JM

· Registered
1,994 Posts
: Jen!

I was walking every day but had to stop when the back pain started, and it's been raining every day here lately... hopefully we can get back to it soon.

Jacob sleeps in the bouncy seat in the mornings - he loves it. Mainly because he can kick. The rest of the time that he sleeps during the day it's usually in the sling or something. He doesn't really sleep a whole lot once he's had a morning nap - a little catnap here and there is about it.

· Registered
171 Posts
Happy June Ladies!
The worst is over! (My dd1 had surgery yesterday and it was a semi horrifying experience) The worst part about it is the whites of her eyes are BLOOD RED. All of it. And it won't go away for a week! I finally let myself break down and cry last night on my porch where she wouldn't hear me, I just look into her poor little eyes (which I'm scared he overtightened one muscle and we may have to go thru this nasty process again!) And I want to bawl.
I've been spoiling her rotten (not really but to her an extra yogurt or a couple dark chocolate chips it's like Christmas to her) And she can't swim or have any water in her eyes for a week. And to an almost 3 yr that's like torture so I had to hide the kiddie pool in the shed...(out of sight out of mind ya know) And my dh had this great idea of letting her play with stamps and ink while he made her breakfast this morning....and she rubbed one of her eyes (which she is also not supposed to do...
yeah right) and now she has one eyelid and half of her nose is blue. So not only does she got red eyes she now looks like she's got a blackeye on top of it. If half my neighbors didn't know about her surgery DFS would have probably already been at my house. :LOL

On a happy note Sydney is 12 weeks old today!
My big girl. She's starting to get chunkier (thank goodness) and she's constantly smiling and "talking". She's still in love with the chandelier in my LR and they evidently have entire conversations. Except once again...
...I love my dh....left her on the couch by herself with no pillows around her (I wasn't home) and she rolled herself right on the floor. (we have carpet and a soft rug down but STILL!) You'd think by now he would've learned. He left dd1 on the bed by herself at dd2 age and she rolled right on the hardwood floor (again I wasn't home for that one either) so we inforced the put the baby down on the floor, bouncy, etc. rule again....ok I'll end my book here

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Aak!! I'm heading down the plugged duct road AGAIN!! The first time, you may recall, it was full-blown mastitis which was HORRIBLE (3wks old), then at 8wks I caught it at just the pain/redness stage, but it was in both breasts that time. 10wks and one of them has flared up again. I do NOT want to be someone who is "just prone to this sort of thing" as the LC I saw put it. I wish I knew what was causing it!! I should try drinking more water, as I know that I'm lacking a bit in that department.....I just want to nurse happily!!

Things are great here, otherwise. I'm visiting my sister and her 8-mo twins right now. Reid did GREAT on the plane trip, but he screamed nearly the whole way from the airport to the house (which, thanks to Chicago traffic, turned into a 2+ hr trip). Poor kid. I'm hoping that going to a cushy convertible seat will solve some of his carseat problems. I'm going to order it before I leave so that it'll get there right after we get home.

He's sleeping pretty well at night....at home he had started to go for one 6-9 hour stretch, and then wake every 1.5-3 hours after that. While travelling he's doing about 5 hrs then every 2.5, which is still fine. I hope he goes back to the old routine once we get back home, though.

I should go to bed....I've been staying up far too late here, probably because I don't have to get up with DH when he goes to work. Not that I'm really sleeping any later (early bird baby), but the chance for it is there!

· Registered
171 Posts
GUESS WHAT???? My Sydney is wearing her first Cloth Diaper EVER!
Aren't you proud of me? I went to a Natural Grocery here in town (the only one that has CDs, becuase I wanted to see them...touch them, ya know. And they had a sale on the AIO Bumkin so I bought a couple to try out. And I like it so far....oh my gosh I think I'm converting!
girl:

· Registered
699 Posts
Happy June everyone! But is it really? Come on, I was wearing a scarf today and the boy was all bundled up, brrr.

Cheryl. Must be so hard to see your older dd go through that. And yeah on the CD
. I just splurged myself on some FUN stuff at http://www.diaperware.com. They have a huge selection and I'm trying some new fitteds.

My babe is doing great! Making new sounds and really checking things out more. Still loving slobbering all over that fist of his.

· Registered
1,563 Posts
Hello, again, all! I'll jump out of lurkdom for a quick post, just so you know I'm still alive.

Ellery will be three months old on the 9th. I'm having a hard time believing that! We're house hunting in PA right now. No luck this trip. Our price range is low, so the houses in it are...well...needing work. I'm praying for a miracle house to show up soon. Or miracle funding to fix up a really shady house.

Ellery is sleeping more at night. It's such a blessing. She's really mellowed out into this generally happy, calm baby. She has a stretch in the evening where she can't be consoled, but I can handle that. The all-day crying was getting us all down!

We're in a period of displacement; no home to speak of, just many kind relatives and friends. Because of my husband's new job, we're here a week, there a week. Next week we're in Michigan; a couple of weeks from now, we're off to Wisconsin. Hope to take a trip back to Pennsylvania to buy a house in between! Yikes!

· Registered
301 Posts
Simplehome, I had plugged ducts for 3 straight months with my first! I was told to take Lecithin. It kept me from getting plugged ducts this time. Please try this!!! I am so sorry & will be thinking of you!!

Happy birthday, Jen!! Mine was last Saturday! This was the first year I called my mom before she could call me to tell her THANKS!! for having me 36 years ago!! She was impressed & touched! It turns out birthdays aren't about the kid, but about the MOTHER!! (I think!!!)

My dd is perfect! 16.8lbs today!!!! HUGE!!!! 6-9 month clothes are getting too small!
All's well.

· Registered
1,316 Posts
just stopping in to say hi and see how everyone is. not much time here for surfing as ds1 is running me ragged. Jack eats constantly - he was 16 lbs at 2 months and growing out of clothes like wildfire. second kids make life sooooo difficult - i had no idea. love them to pieces, but still... good thing they're so cute!

later

· Registered
4,494 Posts
Happy belated Birthday to you Mommyto2!!! When my mom came over to wish me a happy birthday all I could think of was 21 years ago she was just having me and holding me for the first time- I thanked her- I finally see birthdays in terms of mom and child now too- oh how your perspective shifts when you become a mom yourself...

Quote:
Ellery is sleeping more at night. It's such a blessing. She's really mellowed out into this generally happy, calm baby. She has a stretch in the evening where she can't be consoled, but I can handle that. The all-day crying was getting us all down!
That describes Grey perfectly! Matt and I thought we were going to go insane there for a while when it seemed like all Grey did when he wasn't nursing was cry. Now he likes to play and giggles and smiles and likes new people. But when 8:00 comes its all downhill and it takes 2 1/2 hours of nursing sometimes to get him to sleep...but when he's finally asleep, he's out!

I'm glad all the babes are doing well...I hope the lecithin works for the plugged duct SimpleHome- there are some homeopathic and other remedies for plugged ducts too- http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...tml#treatments

· Registered
570 Posts
Still here! dd1 has been sick since thurs am, fever, vomiting the works, so I've been rather busy. She's finally better! So far no one else has it, but I'm still
: that Sarah doesn't get it. Nasty little bug.

Spent the day at the church barbeque; Sarah had her own little fan club going! Well, it's hard to NOT be popular when you are so cheerful and happy all the time!

I went to my tribal area here and found a couple moms in my area who are willing to show me some CD stuff; research on the internet just isn't cutting it! I'm more confused now than I was before! But I've never even seen a CD, so I felt like I needed some help in person. Hopefully I'll get to meet with them this week. Have I mentioned how much I
MDC! Oh yeah, I guess I have! :LOL

-Melissa

· Registered
1,474 Posts
Hi, everyone! Eve is currently sleeping, lying down.
Yet I'm still nak... (This one takes up WAY more space but doesn't necessarily require an arm.)

Eve is definitely grabbing things now. She gets this look of intense concentration, narrowing her eyes together to focus on the object, then as she grabs it she leans forward with her mouth open and tries to pull it in. That's how she ended up sucking on the keyboard last night.
Makes it hard to hold her in potty position, because she tends to grab the bottom of my shirt on the way around and won't let go. And you really have to keep your hair away from her -- ouch!

It's HOT. Darn, I was hoping that summer weather would never come. I hate the heat. Grace loves it, though. We spent almost the whole weekend at the park. Every time dh and I started to get ready to go home, she would laugh gleefully and say, "It's really really fun at the park!" and I would feel sorry for her thinking of how practically all she says at home lately is, "I'm bored. I want to go out!" This is how I know she can count. "I want you to slide with me 10 times!" Gee, Grace, I don't know... "I want you to slide with me 9 times!" Well, I'll definitely slide some more, but Eve is starting to look like she needs to nurse... "I want you to slide with me 8 times. Just 8 times!"

Must go now, she is using a jump rope to drag the dining table across the floor.

· Registered
3,569 Posts
When was the last time I posted? I dunno lol but hey there mamas!

Rhi is 10 weeks old, sleeps thru the night, naps well usually. She is a pure joy, except when she decides to be pms-y
Speaking of pms *sigh* dear ol Auntie Flo cam a knockin Saturday. I guess thats to be expected since Rhi doesn't nurse at night but dagnabbit I didn't get AF back til 10 mths pp with my last
I'm so bmmed but at least its now before I go on vaca Friday right?

· Registered
3,715 Posts
Yeppie to the CD butt!! That is so exciting!

Jennie- sucks.... I am dreading AF coming here! It happened at 6 months with my last and I fear it will not be much different this time- nither one of my girls eat much at night
I guess it is good for sleep but bad for AF!

I keep fearing getting pregnant again. Not that I dont want more kids- I am undecided- but I had such a hard time being pregnant with Breeze I dont want to do that again- and also my milk went way way down when I got pregnant- I just dont want it to happen again. So what are people doing for BC? I have not been on BC for 5 years and I for sure dont want to when I am nursing, but just wondering what everyone is doing.

I better run. My mom is coming here for the first time tonight- never seen my house! and it is a total mess- I mean if I clean for a week it will not be clean. Yesterday I tried to fold blankets I washed and Rainey decided to play "bull" headded for the sheet and dove into them as I was trying to fold them- needless to say they are all over the floor this morning! NOT FOLDED! Yes it is going to be a great day! :LOL

· Registered
3,569 Posts
I'm kind of relieved she is here in a way as it makes tracking my fertility much easier but still ugh!!

For BC we are using 3 mthods :LOL condoms, diaphragm & FAM. We don't want anymore babes for at least 5 yrs. Just FAM didn't work for us as we are super fertile, just condoms don't work b/c again super fertile lol. So Our plan is to always use fam & diaphragm, then during peak fertility times we add in the condom. Since AF is here now this will be sooo much easier!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.