Mothering Forum banner
201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
Because you stupid nonvaccinators refuse to comply, the county is requiring masks for all once again starting Saturday with no provisions for an end date. We are being treated as children.

Meanwhile, in Northern California, at least 59 residents at a homeless shelter have tested positive for the virus, half of whom were vaccinated, health officials said.

Of those infected at the shelter in Santa Rosa, 28 were fully vaccinated, Dr. Sundari Mase, Sonoma County’s health officer, said Wednesday. Officials were reviewing an additional 26 possible positive cases.
We had a two week break, and we are back to the government routine.

Officials said that fewer than half of the 153 residents had received at least partial vaccination and they do not know whether the outbreak started with a vaccinated or unvaccinated resident.
!!!

Despite that, WHO wants you all to know that the only way out of the variant cycle is to get vaccinated.

• Wow
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
207 Posts
Because you stupid nonvaccinators refuse to comply, the county is requiring masks for all once again starting Saturday with no provisions for an end date. We are being treated as children.

We had a two week break, and we are back to the government routine.

!!!

Despite that, WHO wants you all to know that the only way out of the variant cycle is to get vaccinated.

I don’t know but isn’t it proving the jabs aren’t doing their job???

·
Registered
24,943 Posts
They are blaming the nonvaccinators for the continued infections.

Remember that Disneyland in CA did not open until very recently, but Disneyworld opened a long time ago in Florida without any reported problems.

So many businesses have closed, and the ones that are open are struggling because of the riots last year and people moving away or sitting on unemployment. People are not even paying their rent! I made sure that I supported family restaurants and avoided chains.

• Love
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Hard to believe this thread was started over a year ago, and we are STILL in the conundrum

More than 91 million live in US counties with high Covid-19 infections. It's time to reset and put masks back on, expert says

·
Registered
99 Posts
My county is now suggesting everyone wear masks indoors again. The suggestion didn't seem to have much effect. Most people wear them in stores, but plenty don't and no one seems to mind. I even see kids who are clearly too young to be vaccinated without masks in stores and no one cares.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My county is now suggesting everyone wear masks indoors again. The suggestion didn't seem to have much effect. Most people wear them in stores, but plenty don't and no one seems to mind. I even see kids who are clearly too young to be vaccinated without masks in stores and no one cares.
Similar here. I went today the first time since the released guidance to wear them again and I’d say 75% didn’t wear them. Not even the store workers.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
Similar here. I went today the first time since the released guidance to wear them again and I’d say 75% didn’t wear them. Not even the store workers.
every major store i have been to in San Diego has had all workers wearing masks

office personnel at my apt do not, though

·
Registered
207 Posts
of course they did

Duh! 😂 I mean we all knew this was coming right? The waning immunity and low efficacy against delta and future variants. I don’t know how people thought I get the vaccine and never a mask again…. It was 100% foreseeable. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
75 Posts
Duh! 😂 I mean we all knew this was coming right? The waning immunity and low efficacy against delta and future variants. I don’t know how people thought I get the vaccine and never a mask again…. It was 100% foreseeable. 🤷‍♀️
What irks me most about this is that people, especially CDC, etc., will still keep insisting that the vaccines "work", and my parents and husband will still keep badgering me to get vaccinated. In what way can something that does not keep you from getting infected or from transmitting to others be said to work? Oh yes, it will keep you from dying. According to one of the COVID risk calculators (Johns Hopkins? can't remember), my risk of dying is .3%. Do I really need to be medicated against that? Venting here. None of my family or friends can understand my rationale for preferring to take my chances with a virus over a vaccine.

The CDC director says transmission didn't happen with "earlier strains", but I think it just took time for vaccinated people to circulate enough to get infected in significant numbers. In spite of the hoopla over how contagious it is, only 35 million cases have been reported in a population of over 300 million (of course there were probably more infections than that in people who didn't rush out to get a COVID test when they got a cold).

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said the changes were spurred by “worrisome” new data showing that vaccinated and unvaccinated people infected by the delta variant carry viral loads that “are actually quite similar." That suggests that some vaccinated people “may be contagious and spread the virus to others" even though they are unlikely to become severely ill because of the vaccines’ protection. Such transmission did not happen in any significant way with earlier strains.

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
Just saw this:
Font Technology Terrestrial plant Circle Electric blue

Apparently there are a large number of identical tweets from fake twits.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What irks me most about this is that people, especially CDC, etc., will still keep insisting that the vaccines "work", and my parents and husband will still keep badgering me to get vaccinated. In what way can something that does not keep you from getting infected or from transmitting to others be said to work? Oh yes, it will keep you from dying. According to one of the COVID risk calculators (Johns Hopkins? can't remember), my risk of dying is .3%. Do I really need to be medicated against that? Venting here. None of my family or friends can understand my rationale for preferring to take my chances with a virus over a vaccine.

The CDC director says transmission didn't happen with "earlier strains", but I think it just took time for vaccinated people to circulate enough to get infected in significant numbers. In spite of the hoopla over how contagious it is, only 35 million cases have been reported in a population of over 300 million (of course there were probably more infections than that in people who didn't rush out to get a COVID test when they got a cold).

Wow. This news might actually sway some people to question the vaccine as it is a 180 turn from what was said before!!!!

rhe Covid risk Tool calc is here:

·
Registered
19,137 Posts
Just saw this: View attachment 130265
Apparently there are a large number of identical tweets from fake twits.
A pro-vaccine person claimed that there was one real one from a real doctor and then an evil anti-vaxer did all these fake duplicates to undermine the message. Believable?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
they thought that because mainstream media told them so -- until otherwise announced.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
whats next on the fear factor

mask up to protect your neighbor -- turned into

maskup to protect yourself AND your neighbor
isolate to protect yourself
isolate to protect your neighbor
vaccinate to protect yourself
vaccinate to protect your neigbor
vaccinate to protect the vulnerable
vaccinate to protect society
you can still acquire covid after vaccination
after you have 'protected yourself and your neighbor' from this deadly lethal virus, you can still end up in the hospital or dead from covid due to the vaccine, or the disease itself

Boosters now recommended.....forever more, no doubt.

201 - 220 of 226 Posts