Mothering Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
flip flop flip flop....is that allllllllllllllll he knows how to do on the subject???!!!

next week he will blame nonvaxxers for a surge sparked somewhere
None of his nonsense would work if people were paying attention. They don't seem to notice that he keeps changing the narrative.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
Now THEY say fully vaxxed don't have to wear a mask inside or out....how does one know who is fully vaccinated since the info is voluntary and against HIPAA to ask.

I can't get an answer to this one from anyone...shoulder shrug is all. .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Now THEY say fully vaxxed don't have to wear a mask inside or out....how does one know who is fully vaccinated since the info is voluntary and against HIPAA to ask.

I can't get an answer to this one from anyone...shoulder shrug is all. .
CDC director now says your health is your own responsibility. Vaccinated people shouldn't worry about unvaccinated because the vaccine protects them.
I — more than calling it an honor system, I might say people are responsible for their own health.
If you are vaccinated — if you are vaccinated, then you take that responsibility, and you decide whether you want to wear a mask — it's a very personal decision — or whether you don't. We believe that it's safe to take your mask off, and we felt that was important information for the public to have.
If you're not vaccinated, that, again, is taking your responsibility for your own health into your own hands. And we would say protect yourself. We would recommend vaccination. And, if not, then I would recommend wearing a mask.
Good luck getting anyone (the hyper-vigilant, anyway) to buy this -- or anything she says, really, I think her credibility is shot -- after whipping people into hysteria and then waiting months to say you don't need to worry about COVID any more if you're vaccinated. I'm sure many will be clamoring for some form of proof, since another thing that's been killed is trust (and I mean that in the loosest way) in fellow humans. Nothing is more important than avoiding "the virus", and everyone now, friend or stranger, is first and foremost a potential host or vector for "the virus".

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Crazy-land aka Canada:

Even though Alberta Health Services data obtained by the Justice Centre show that hospital ICUs in 2020 were at their lowest level of usage since 2015:

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
People who want to continue wearing masks and so on and so forth are getting mad because people are less than totally sympathetic to their paranoia.

·
Registered
18,821 Posts
Vaccinated cashiers don't have to mask up, but nonvaxxed do...isn't that displaying private medical information, in the same way nonvaxxed nurses who refused the flu vaccine were forced to mask up?
Yes and no. I was working retail today and a number of vaccinated people insisted on continuing to wear masks. Some did not. We have a sign up giving people permission to go without a mask if vaccinated but there seems to be considerable anxiety at the thought of taking it off.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

"Those who oppose requiring proof of vaccination sometimes argue that it constitutes a violation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act -- known as HIPAA -- which protects sensitive health information from being disclosed without a patient's consent or knowledge.
Legal expert Mark Hall, professor of social sciences and health policy at the Wake Forest School of Medicine, says that's not the case.
Customers are not obligated to share their vaccination status with a business who asks for it. Similarly, businesses are within their rights to refuse service to customers who won't abide by their protocols.
An added wrinkle to all of this is that some states -- among them Arizona, Florida and Texas -- have issued executive orders that would prohibit "vaccine passports," creating confusion for businesses on whether they are allowed to ask customers for vaccine verification."

"He says he's not so concerned about people who might be unmasking despite being unvaccinated -- those people were likely already doing so, and people who are fully vaccinated are protected from the risk of being infected by an unvaccinated individual."

ummmm, the amighty vaccine should protect them anyways....SMH

·
Registered
4,397 Posts

cases and death still on decline

·
Registered
18,821 Posts

cases and death still on decline
That can't be right. But perhaps they can figure out a way to give the vaccines the credit...

161 - 179 of 179 Posts