Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">About a month ago, I decided to cut down on some of my 24-month son's night nursing in an effort to gradually wean. (He nurses before and after his nap, before bed, and all though-out the night.) The next day, I came down with the worst mastitis and ended up feverish, delirious, in pain, and on an IV!  As I was recovering, I had him nursing even more than usual because that helps the mastitis to go away. I am scared to moved forward with weaning for fear of having a similar outcome. I'd appreciate advise on ways to wean that avoid engorged breasts and mastitis. Weaning is so hard; my little boy just loves to nurse so much!</span></p>

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
My son loves to nurse also. I know there is a rule of thumb for cutting back but I don't know exactly what it is. When pumping it was something like. Dropping 5 minutes per session once a week or something? Obviously not the same for actual nursing but there must be something similar. Can you call an LC or someone at LLL and ask?<br><br>
sent from my phone using tapatalk, please forgive typos

1 - 2 of 2 Posts