Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my 7th pregnancy and I think I need to wear a maternity belt this timearound to help hold me up!

Can anyone reccomend a good maternity belt? Here in Australia it will be scorching hot by the end of my pregnancy so one that is somewhat breathable would be good! I remember I wore a belt when I was pregnant with my 2nd and I hated it. It was so uncomfortale and itchy. This time around Im a bit more determined to wear it, because I think it would have helped with getting my last bub in a good position. But that being said I hope I dont become to itchy and uncomfortable in the heat...

Also do you wear it all the time? Even when sleeping?

Any advice would be awesome!

· Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm almost 24 weeks
: and find that even wearing a cheap under the bump belt (bought from a UK chain store) is making a HUGE difference.

I can't stand anything tight usually, not even bras/ support tights for veins/ *any* type of tight clothes...but this sits underneath fine and offers a little lift. It's great. I wear it most of the time, ( bar sleep). If I put it over my clothes around the house then it's not sticky hot either ,)

Also started taking calc fluor tissue salts, (when I remember), because everything is more put out of joint this time round. I get lots of *really* painful stitching across my abdomen if I'm not doing both the above/ if I try to lift anything/ move too quickly!!! so yeah, take it easy this time and don't get stressed if it rocks your world in a way pregnancy never did before!!!!!

· Registered
1,651 Posts
I used a maternity support belt made by Bell-Horn. The Loving Comfort Maternity Support belt.

It was less expensive and less complicated than the Prenatal Cradle, etc. and it did the job. It basically was three pieces....a stretchy belt that went around my back and attached via velcro to a panel that supported my belly. And then an elastic band (also attaching via velcro) stretched over the top of the belly.

It was uncomfortable after awhile, in the heat and all, but I'd put it on if I were going out and it was a great help. I'd just take it off after a couple of hours, if it was too much to take. At a certain point, it didn't fit me anymore, but I seemed to need it less as my pregnancy progressed. (I had more trouble with backache, etc. between 25 and 33 weeks, or so, than I did later.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.