Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? My bras are getting snug, and I hate underwire. I actually stopped wearing bras before I got pregnant, and I would just wear the tank tops with a shelf bra built in. My boobs are growing and growing (and my nipples are already super dark!) and now are too big to just wear the bra tank tops. The underwire in my bras are soooo uncomfortable, and the band is leaving marks on my skin. Any suggestions for non-underwire maternity bras that don't look like a bullet proof vest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went and got my new boobs measured for size, so I basically bought the correct size. I found that in the larger sizes the underwire feels supportive, with REALLY soft thick material around it - I guess bigger boobs need more support like that.

I am really happy with my big new comfy bras! And they are just regular bras, not maternity. Go to the department store, you might find yourself!

My only issue was finding the right size - my cups have grown but not the circumference, so it was hard to find large-cup-small-circumference bras... but I did find two and they are heavenly.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I used to use Bravado nursing tank tops with a built in bra, they leave a bit of a uniboob but it is nice to have a tank to wear under my clothes and it kept my belly warm. DD was due almost the same time as D? (I just found out I am expecting today!) so these were wonderful in the winter, they are actually nursing tanks but you barely notice!!

They are expensive but well worth the $, maybe try on diaper swappers or ebay to get a used one, I had to have a special bra becuase I am a 34FF normally (nursing was insane the first month)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I second the Bravado nursing bras. I've been wearing them for a couple years now and just stocked up on a few more (once I found out I was pregnant).

Most don't have underwire (as that is discouraged by many LC) and none of mine have been itchy or pinchy. I don't like soft cups (like to just have material) and they had a great one that was a nice soft microfiber with cotton lining. Don't recall the name though...

They are expensive but I've found that the Bravado bras hold up and I'm happy to not have to buy new ones when the baby is born.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
i have 2 bravado nursing bras from my pregnancy with dd, i bought them because they were not underwire and because they were sized like s, m, l, xl, and i had no idea how in the world to tell what size i was or would become. they fit the whole entire time and i still wear them.

i think they were the bodysilk seamless. (is that what you had, parsley?)

they have them on amazon ( i never go to real stores, which is another reason i got that kind with the loosey-goosey sizing). i've worn them just about every day, rotating between two of them, and they are still in really good shape. they have some strange but removable molded cup things that are soft and not uncomfortable, i just didn't ever like to wear them, but they provide 'coverage' and a place to put your nursing pads when you get to that point.

come to think of it, i might get another one of those soon...

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Bravado bra tank tops seem perfect! I might buy those, but I'm still being cautious since this will be our rainbow baby, so I'm nervous about buying nursing gear this early. I don't like underwire normally and don't usually have to wear a bra at all, so I'm going to hit target this weekend to buy some wireless bras in a bigger size.

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.