Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 11 weeks tomorrow and I think I'm going to go get at least the pants out of the attic. The shirts can wait a while... but my regular jeans are getting uncomfortably tight.

I'm feeling a little... embarassed about it, I guess? Seems like it's "too soon" but this is my 6th pregnancy in 8 years, I'm an average size, not overweight.

Somebody make me feel a little better about it?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I've been wearing maternity jeans for a couple weeks now... I am usually a size 6 and had to get Old Navy size 2. I can squeeze into regular jeans but not comfy at all. I still do wear regular shirts so no one can really tell.
Don't be embarrassed... comfort is what matters most!

·
Registered
461 Posts
I bought some stretchy elastic pants to bridge between my regular attire and maternity clothes. I'm wearing maternity tops just because they are longer and I can hide my unbuttoned pants. I'll be wearing maternity pants soon. The bella band just doesn't do it for me. It aggravates me.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I have a few pairs of 'transition' pants that I am wearing now. They are from when I was about 15 lbs heavier than I am now. They are still WAY too big, but my regular pants just feel a little snug. They would still fit, but it is not comfortable on my belly.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I'm wearing yoga pants, sweats and two pair of normal pants that were big to begin with. But, they are getting too uncomfortable, and they won't stay up. They slip down below my belly anyway. I'll be digging into the maternity bins this week to see what I can wear. Mostly just pants at this point, my shirts are fitting fine, alibiet sungly, right now. Give me two to three weeks and I'll be all out in maternity, I'm sure. I was wearing all maternity pants by 12 weeks or so the last time around. I barely made my "don't tell work till 12 week" goal, because I was busting out of everything. I'm pretty sure my boss and office manager both think something is up already! I'm 9w4d today, well, let's say 9w 5d days it's midnight!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
That's not too early! I'm wearing a bunch of my 'transition' shirts (the target ones that i loooove), and would be in some of the early maternity pants but I left them back east when I moved. As it is, I'm only wearing stretchier pants - my skirts don't fit

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I'm not wearing maternity clothes yet, but that's only for two reasons.

1. While I can wear my regular jeans, they just feel uncomfortable on my belly. But, I found a pair of jeans that are very short-waisted and low, and they fit and feel great. Which is funny, because they were well-fitting jeans before I found myself pg.

2.) I mostly wear pajama pants at home so...

But I don't think I can do it for much longer. I'd really, really like to wait until spring, but...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yup since about 7 weeks. This is baby 3. DD I was in maternity clothes at 6 weeks and I popped at 15 weeks. I'm trying to hide this pregnancy as long as I can (unplanned and my fam can be jerks at times) but I dunno how feasible that is, lol.

I also need bigger bras. With DD I went up 2 sizes by 8 weeks. This one not as bad (but I was still lactating and had only stopped eping a month prior to getting pg).

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Right now I'm wearing some mat. pants from last pregnancy. They're the under-the-belly stretchy-band, and so awesome that they feel totally comfortable now (and are staying up when I walk), but they still fit when I'm 9 months pregnant.

I lent the rest of my clothes to my cousin before I got pregnant (she's due in about two weeks), so hopefully she'll have the baby before I really, really need to go into maternity clothes. But I kept back these pants, because they are so comfortable that I can wear them even when I'm not pregnant.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
I'm 9 1/2 weeks and have been wearing mostly yoga pants for two weeks now. I can still fit into one pair of jeans comfortably, but after a while even that bothers my belly.

To be honest, I'm shocked at how quickly I'm not fitting into anything. I made it to at least week 15 with my other two pregnancies...but I have gained a little weight before this pregnancy, so my clothes were already borderline tight.

I think I'm going to head over to the Old Navy w/ maternity and see if I can pick anything up for pants.

Shirt-wise, I don't think I'll be in maternity until this summer. Most of my long-sleeve t-shirts are lose enough to accomodate a little baby bulge.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and I've been wearing maternity pants for about 6 weeks. This is my 5th pregnancy and 7th baby to be born so...I think I'm right on track.

Actually, after a post yesterday talking about the 40% off sale on summer stuff at Old Navy, I bought a couple of pairs of gaucho capris, a couple of cotton skirts, and two totally cute summer dresses. The sad thing is I already had the gauchos and skirts with my last pregnancy but somehow they did not end up back in the maternity bin, so I'm buying them twice. They were my favorite clothes last time so I know it will be worth it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.