Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are tons of maternity coats on there, mostly Gap and Old Navy. Since I work for the Gap it would be just as cheap for me to buy new with the promotions and my discount. But, it's cool to know I will be able to resale it for a good amount next winter. Although, a part of me feels the need to have another winter baby since I spent all that money on the coat. Actually, I spent $61.95 for this <a href="http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6933&pid=345193" target="_blank">http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...933&pid=345193</a><br>
No wonder I can't quit that job.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Cute coat! I haven't gotten a maternity coat yet...my regular coat won't button in front anymore, though! Guess I need to keep my eye on ebay...

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
thanks alot. You got me looking at the whole slew of gap maternity clothes. I was just on there to look at your coat but ended up spending 15 minutes! I really don't want to buy a maternity coat though. I keep looking at the goodwill for an x large men's coat that will fit me but I havn't found anything, meanwhile, portland's growing colder and wetter. I may have to give in and buy one.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I got lucky, my mom is not a small woman and gave me an old coat of hers - it fits with room to grow. Might be able to find a large size woman's coat at a resale shop.

·
Registered
767 Posts
That's so cute! I love the color, and the price you paid is great. You can definitely recoup that next yr on ebay.<br><br>
FWIW, I just bought a black 100% wool pea coat from Motherhood.com (which for some reason isn't showing on the site anymore). It was only $39! Strangely enough, it was $39 in August, $59 in September, and $39 again in October.

·
Registered
324 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>PGNPORTLAND</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">thanks alot. You got me looking at the whole slew of gap maternity clothes. I was just on there to look at your coat but ended up spending 15 minutes! I really don't want to buy a maternity coat though. I keep looking at the goodwill for an x large men's coat that will fit me but I havn't found anything, meanwhile, portland's growing colder and wetter. I may have to give in and buy one.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I decided to skip the coat and do layers. I'm also in Portland, well Beaverton, and I was able to find a couple hooded maternity zip up sweaters at Ross that were cheap and warm. Then again by the time December hits I might be wishing for something warmer. I haven't tried on my coats, i'm pretty sure they won't fit though. My friend used one of those long sweater jacket things last year when she was pregnant. I've been looking for one of those at goodwill.

·
Registered
359 Posts
buy a swing coat. I've seen them in fashion mags for the winter.<br><br>
I bought one five years ago on sale when we were ttc #1. I've worn it through two pgs and two friends have borrowed it and worn it when pg as well<br><br>
And its darn cute when I'm not pg.<br><br>
I live in Canada, I own a lot of coats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts