Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is when my ultrasound is scheduled for. It seems like so long from now!!! I had an OB appt this morning, and the dr said that it's important to wait until I'm at least 20 weeks since we're looking for specific anatomical markers that might indicate this baby has the same syndrome as Connor. Which makes sense, but BOOOOO!!!!

I met one of the OBs in the practice...first impression was not good. My midwife warned me that he's "socially awkward", which is a darn good description! No eye contact, seemed kinda nerdy yet unsure of himself, hesitant voice, no empathy or sympathy at all... I called my midwife after I left and she said that he's coming a long way towards the beliefs and practices of the main OB in the office...that OB is one to really listen to moms, and let moms just do their thing. He's just as likely to sit in the corner of the room sipping coffee while mom births as he is to actually deliver the baby himself. So I guess this partner is still kinda "in training" as far as the way he treats his patients. She said that he's good, really, you just have to get past his initial personality!! Which made me feel better to hear that from her. She would tell me the truth.

Anyway...heartbeat was good, I'm measuring ahead but what else is new?! I always do
And that was it! I forgot how short these mid-pregnancy appts are!

· Registered
1,931 Posts
Yah! glad you heard your heartbeat and have your u/s scheduled. Mine is a day later on the 12th! I decided to wait till the official 20th week, just to be sure there would be gender there to see and also for the other normal development measurements.

I can't wait for my MW appt next week, it seems like its been so long. I have been surprised every time too at how short the appt are. . .I assume they get longer. So far its just been weight, heartbeat and "how are you feeling?".

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, forgot to share also...my officially weight gain is about 6 pounds so far. With my first I was still in the negatives at this point I think, but I can't remember with my second. I think 6 is in the realm of normal, though!

· Registered
545 Posts
yay!! i know how excited you must be.

i had my appt this morning and managed to sway them to bump up my anatomy ultrasound b/c the suspense is driving me nuts. I will be just 2 days shy of 19 wks and my appt is April 30th. WHOOPPEEE!

what was even more of a relief though was finally getting to hear the heartbeat again. i had been getting worried over the last few weeks - and haven't felt any movement yet - that things werent right. haven't gotten big really at all either, and expected more growth by now.

HB was lower than in my previous two visits. It was 160, 160, and this time (16wks) it was in the 140's she said. Could this mean maybe boy afterall??? Who knows!!

I am so excited for april 30th!!

2boyz - i also have gained 6 pounds.

· Registered
6,455 Posts
It's not that long- trust me! My oldest is turning 9 that day and we're totally not prepared

I hope that the time goes by super quick for you (not for me, until I get her birthday organized!) and that your OB grows on you. Maybe he's the type of person that you can develop a rapport with over time? I sure hope so!

Fingers crossed for a good ultrasound for you and I'm sending lots of pink vibes to you!

· Registered
492 Posts
I'm guessing you saw Dr. W today?
We are all looking forward to your U/S too! It does seem like an eternity away, but time does seem to fly.

· Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by acemama View Post
I'm guessing you saw Dr. W today?
We are all looking forward to your U/S too! It does seem like an eternity away, but time does seem to fly.
Yep, Dr W. I just posted it in the Ohio tribal area for other thoughts on him. I trust my midwife, if she said he's good despite his apparent personality issues, then I believe her. But def not the warm fuzzy I got from Dr H!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.