Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Hello
I don't really have much to talk about that I didn't talk about in the late October thread, lol. Áine isn't mobile still...not really anyhow. She does manage to somehow scoot herself around when she's on her back, but I don't think it's purposeful. I have a whole bunch of new photos. Here's one of my favorite's from yesterday. My Punkin Patch

·
Registered
528 Posts
super cute photo, wende
(btw, how exactly do you pronounce her name?)

I posted some photos of yesterday here They were really cute in their costumes but the party was really lame. I've decided to stop trying to protect them from trick-or-treating (i.e. candy) We'll go next year and I'll trade them most of their candy for a toy of their choice.

Velvet- I also stopped feeding Dima after a bout a week...(i forgot to mention that) he just isn't into it. He was at first but he seems to have lost interest. Guess we'll try later.

No AF here. With Griffy it came back after 6 mos., Anastasia after 11 mos.... who knows when it will come back this time. The longer the better as far as I am concerned (Eaglevoice- we are also not using BC
: ) Oh, but what I wanted to say was that AF never effected my milk supply. So Velvet, it may or may not...

That's all for now. He is mostly over his cold so he is actually napping
: !!! so I have to catch up on all the housework/craft work that I didn't do while he and I were sick.

I can't believe that it is November already!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yes cold season... last week i found myself with a breast infection.. which cleared up nicely with antibiotics but then i and the little man got hit with a cold... so sad him trying to nurse with that stuffy nose. we got out the suction bulb and would suck out the snot but that wasn't always the most fun thing to do.. but one night dh heard that a cut up onion with salt on it was supposed to help.. so we put a cut up onion with salt on our night stand and it really cleared the sinuses

although i heard that little ones have a secret hole or something that closes as they get older... but so that they can nurse when they have a stuffy nose.. although its still no fun
but we're getting better

·
Registered
970 Posts
nak

subbing and posting some pics of my little gal!

http://themurdocks.shutterfly.com/ac...21b333f0d44596

I don't think I've ever shown any pics of her on here, except one of her nursing in the ergo at the zoo.

I can't believe she will be 6 mo soon! Everyone keeps asking me when she will start eating solids. She can roll over and "crawl" acrosss the floor. She love love LOVES to watch her older brother (he's 19 mo) and loves when he sings to her.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Elizabeth, you & your family are beautiful! I dig the costumes.

Veggiemama, your DD is so cute! Crawling already?? That's great!

My DD is moving a little more slowly than some of your babes on the gross motor skills. She *can* roll but she doesn't do it often. She doesn't like to push up on her arms. She is nowhere close to crawling but she likes to push her butt up with her legs as if she is trying! It's cute but I feel bad for her, she gets so frustrated! If only she could figure out the upper-body part
. She can sit unassisted for a few seconds before she topples over. But she is very dextrous at handling her toys. Guess she is a fine-motor person. She vocalizes a lot, which I love! She says "ma" or "mama" sometimes, although of course it's just random babbling. She has such an expressive personality IMO - she always lets me know how she is feeling!!

We're going to start solids soon since she seems very ready. It's gotten to the point that I feel really bad eating in front of her. We also gave her a sippy cup with some EBM in it today and she actually got some in her mouth...it was the kind that just pours (no valve) so it was kinda messy!

OK, that's all for now, good to see this thread!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Can I join?
I've hardly visited the mothering boards since the birth of my babe. But finally getting back. I think I was on the same due date forum as some of you, though I seldom posted.

Haven't even got to change my sig yet.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Well, Elijah hasn't crawled yet but I surely expect it any day now. I am really scared because I know he will be into EVERYTHING!!! He has the crawling position down to a T and he has started rocking. Is this a sign it will be soon?

I am so glad to see some posting here. I wish some of us lived closer together so we could have play groups. My dentist has a son a week younger than Elijah and we are going to get together so they can play. I think she's very mainstream with her son though. He's ff and she's been back working since 2 weeks pp. I feel sad because I believe they missed out on the bonding time

Well, I guess I am starting to realize how hard it is to defend your parenting style. Earlier this week dh took ds to his mothers house because I was trying to finish a project and dh thought it'd be good to take ds out with him for a while. Well, ds became VERY VERY upset at mil's house (again) and dh of course brought ds home because of it. However, his mother told dh that he needs to let ds cio because that's what babies need to do sometimes
. I feel like that maybe why mil's children are not so independent from her. My son will know that I will be there to tend to his needs. That is my job. Period. I know I have written about this before but it keeps coming up. This is funny seriously, my bil called me the other day to tell me about ds's episode (that turned out to be teething pain) and he also said we need to start letting ds cry. That is really funny because I love it when people who do not have children know how to raise your kids better than you (you know because they've had sooo much experience
).

Ok, sorry about the rant. I wish the world could be perfect and all children and babies be treated with the dignity and repect they deserve because after all they are people too just like adults.

BTW - Last thread I spoke about AF may be returning. Well, she's visiting and with a vengence
: At least my milk supply hasn't dropped too much.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Velvet, Mady started rocking about 4 or 5 days before she started crawling. I feel so bad for her. We were at my mom's house when she did it last night. My mom has carpet so it's easier for her. We have hardwood and when she tries to crawl on our floor her knees slip out from under her. I wonder if we had carpet if she might have crawled earlier.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by seren
Velvet, Mady started rocking about 4 or 5 days before she started crawling. I feel so bad for her. We were at my mom's house when she did it last night. My mom has carpet so it's easier for her. We have hardwood and when she tries to crawl on our floor her knees slip out from under her. I wonder if we had carpet if she might have crawled earlier.
I guess I better start baby proofing the house

It is a possibility she would have crawled earlier if you had carpet. Do you have any area rugs you can put her on? Maybe you could get a small one with a rubber backing or a non-skid pad so for her to crawl on.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.