Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning magnificent May Mamas. We have reached a new milestone - we have outgrown our DDC! Hope everyone is well. I look forward to hearing from y'all. Will post more later.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm here too...I'll have to be more careful to find our thread. I read through the forum and always skip over the due date clubs. I even missed ours!

So has anyone ever told you that your baby has a temper? My mom will say (and has since Rosa's first week home) "what a temper she has!" if she gets worked up about something, which is so rare, but she will go from zero to sixty. For some reason this really irritates me (hhmmm wonder where she get her temper from). Does anyone else have a baby with a short fuse or is this not possible at this age. Why do I feel so insulted by it?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
dshields - i've gotten the same thing, only she doesn't really get pissed off that fast IMO. i PERSONALLY don't think it's possible to have a temper at this age, but it seems like everyone else things it is! i just say, "you know, she's only X weeks old, but i still think she's entitled to an opinion on what she needs!!" and walk off and ignore them for a while.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
OMG, thats too funny!!!! Who gave me the cupcake title?!?! I LOVE it. C'mon spill the beans! Who did it? Hahaha

·
Registered
433 Posts
Morning!

No one's ever said Simon has a temper, but my mil keeps telling him how "rotten" and "spoiled" he is (in a cutesy voice, of course). I can't help it if he loves his mama!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dshields
I'm here too...I'll have to be more careful to find our thread. I read through the forum and always skip over the due date clubs. I even missed ours!

So has anyone ever told you that your baby has a temper? My mom will say (and has since Rosa's first week home) "what a temper she has!" if she gets worked up about something, which is so rare, but she will go from zero to sixty. For some reason this really irritates me (hhmmm wonder where she get her temper from). Does anyone else have a baby with a short fuse or is this not possible at this age. Why do I feel so insulted by it?
My little one feels thing very intensely...but my mother-in-law seemed to have had it in her mind what personality the little one was going to have before it was observable...used to really bug me...btw...sometimes I have to lie to people about how cute their little one is...but yours is seriously the cutest I've ever seen...here is a funny one of mine oops, sorry I didn't mean to thread crash...that is just one cute little person...

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
This forum is so...big.
Sniffle...well, I guess it's goodbye to the May DDC, and hello life with a babe!

Back later, time permitting.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCaz
OMG, thats too funny!!!! Who gave me the cupcake title?!?! I LOVE it. C'mon spill the beans! Who did it? Hahaha

What makes you think it's one of us???
:

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
<---- Hey! I just noticed that someone added a little somethin' somethin' to my name!

Anyone want to 'fess up so I can send you some
?

Thanks--you made my day.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharmama
What makes you think it's one of us???
:
I must reiterate.

Danielle I get "Look at him, he's so spoiled," or some lovely variation of said comment.
:

Wow, another weeks about to start! I hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Ack! I wanted to post more at our old home, but we've been moved! Oh, well. I guess I don't have much to say right now anyway. Other than Phoebe being grumpy for 2 days, which ended with her being really smiley and alert and fun today, not much going on in babyland. But, since we did get reimbursed from the insurance company for the homebirth, we bought a new fridge and mattress, both of which we needed desperately!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Awwww. I guess we've been kicked out of our postpartum den. I like that we're keeping our thread here. Makes me feel safe and cozy.

Iris looks so big and, well, old today. She's a good, healthy, rosy baby. The only weird thing is that she still looks so much like my first daughter that it's starting to confuse me. I have to find the things about her that make her unique. Otherwise I still feel like I've got the same baby. I wonder if she'll always look like Clara?

Clara would go from 0 - 60--and stay there--when she was this age. She's still a pretty fiesty kid. Iris is really mellow and just cries, doesn't scream, when she needs something. I'm hoping she at least has a mellower temperment. We don't need any more drama in this house.

ETA: Whoa! How did I get that title? Am I a "cloth diapering diva?" I'm just a plain old prefolds gal. But I am a little pushy with my cloth diapering evangalism.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoteat
I guess I don't have much to say right now anyway. Other than Phoebe being grumpy for 2 days, which ended with her being really smiley and alert and fun today,
Got the grumps here too- its the darn teeth that keep threatening to come but never show themselves. It looks like its gonna be his canines! my little vampire!

I'm sad too that we've been moved from our nice cozy-feeling location. Oh well, glad y'all are still here anyway!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Looks like someone had PayPal burning a hole in their pockets! LOL Lots of DDDC going round I guess.

Danielle- I LOVE Rosa's hairdo. Too cute! As for tempers well, we joke about it sometimes but it's just joking. I get annoyed by all the "good baby" comments because even though Dree really is an "easy" baby (esp. compared to ds) it doesn't mean that if she was harder that she'd be a "bad" baby. KWIM? I think maybe next time someone asks I'm going to say something like, "No, she's bad bad bad. Such an awful baby, she expects to be loved and fed and changed!".

Kat- I love my prefolds too- who'd have thought? I'm a reformed diaper hyena I suppose. Good thing too, for my wallet that is.

Everyone else- hope you had a good weekend! I should go to bed.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Happy Monday all. Today is a big day for us. We find out if dh gets the new job he applied for. It would be great for us - much better working environment, less stress, more $. Keep your fingers crossed us for us.
:

Did everyone have a nice weekend? It is HOT here, but we had fun. We're enjoying the pond beach club we joined. Everyone is really nice & seems fine w/my NIP. In fact, we get lots of smiles & extra hands when needed. It is so family oriented, unlike our local beaches which are total pick up joints. (I don't quite think seeing my boobs NIP is what they would have in mind!)

Lovin' the DDC's. That is very fun. I am a DDC virgin.

Danielle, I hear ya on being insulted when people talk about your babe's "temper". I personally get really annoyed when people ask about my kids' bowels. Yes, you heard me right. People in my family actually ask how baby's bowel movements are.
And for some reason it annoys the hell out of me! I mean, come on, do I ask about theirs? (I am afraid if I did, they might tell me!)

ecoteat, where did you move to? Still in Maine? That is one of my favorite places. I'd love to live there. Hooray for the new mattress & fridge! Very essential.

KatSG, my kids all look alike too, especially their baby pictures. We found one of dd2 that looks exactly like my babe right now. It is uncanny.

Taimarie, poor babe (and poor mama!) w/the teething. That can't be fun this early.

Michelle, definately use the "bad baby" response. That'll stop 'em in their tracks.

Must run, babe's a fussin'.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Quote:
Lovin' the DDC's. That is very fun. I am a DDC virgin.
Ooooo.....we can't be having that! Let's see....who can come up with a good DDDDC for max????

Good luck with the job. Fingers crossed for you guys!!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts