Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and I think I'm doing the slow leak of fluid. I'm wet and constantly so....I'm waiting to see if something will stop or what, but this happened with my first one at term. Nervous. Anything like this happen to anybody?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I'm wet a lot too because of leaking discharge and/or urine. Are they gushes? I read that if your water breaks to lie down with a pad on. If after 30 minutes you get up and there is a small gush it is most likely your waters. In any case, I would contact your mw/dr ASAP if you think your water has broken. At 34 weeks this situation would need intensive monitoring.<br><br>
I had a scare at 34 weeks as well, but mine was a bit more dramatic. I took my clothes off to shower and fluid started gushing down my legs. I couldn't really stop it and I was desperate to know where it was coming from. After sitting on the toilet and bearing down, plus observing the color of the fluid I knew it was urine. Still, at 34 weeks that was pretty scary.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have been wearing panty liners 24/7 for weeks now because of all the cervical fluid and occasional urine leakage. I have to change them 3 or 4 times a day. It's really easy for your doctor/MW to check if it is amniotic fluid, they have these little papers that they just rub on it and it will come up a certain color if it is. I would recommend getting it checked out, it really could just be a lot of cervical fluid and it would really ease your mind to know for sure.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I have a slow leak too. Just seems wetter then normal, had the midwife do that paper testy thing and it was positive for amniotic fluid, she put me on bedrest for a bit.<br><br>
I don't normally see a midwife, she isn't MY midwife but I didn't want to go to the OB and get kicked into the hospital.<br><br>
It is getting much better on its own and resealing itself. Good Luck mama!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The only way to know for sure is to go in and get the pH test. I was positive I was leaking fluid with my first but it was urine and cervical fluid. Lovely huh? Hope it's not fluid! Actually, I don't know what to wish in cases like this. I guess at 34 weeks it's better if it's urine?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts